Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Virtual Quilting Retreat

Update
I got a late start this morning ... did not even go to sleep until after 5 a.m. UGHH!  I look awful today...good thing I hadn't planned on going anywhere!

Here is my snack ... animal crackers and Diet Coke.  I don't drink coffee ...gotta have my Diet Coke first thing in the morning!
Finally getting some sewing done.
Some of my blocks.
Look at this basket of bundles on my sewing table ... sorry I got distracted!
Back to sewing! 
I seem to get more sewing done at night!

I am like Thelma ... I can't sew with my shoes on!

Will update later this afternoon.

 
Susan at Blackberry Creek is having a virtual quilting retreat and I decided to join and maybe accomplish something!  I have intended on making this quilt for some time.  I have many projects I could work on but I want to make this quilt to lay at the foot of my bed.


It is called Quilt Taffy by Bunny Hill Designs.


Here are fabrics I have cut and ready to sew.  These colors are the shades of my bedroom.  They are fabrics by Maywood.

I normally use our desktop computer to do my blog posts.  However it is in the "computer hospital" having a virus deleted.  I have never downloaded pics on my laptop I am using now so please bear with me.  Hopefully we can pick the desktop up today!

Thanks for visiting!
Donna

11 comments:

Thelma said...

Donna!!

I'm so happy to see that you're joining in on Susan's sew-in fun! I know it's been hard for you to get back in the swing of things, hopefully this sew-in is just what you need to get going again!

I love the pattern and fabrics you've selected for our retreat! I'll be watching for updates!

Mama Pea said...

I saw Susan's posts, too. I wish I didn't have to work so much this week so I could join in. Poo. Anyway, your quilt fabrics are beautiful! This will be great. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Libby said...

I love that pattern! and such pretty fabric! Have fun!
Libby

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I LOVE quilts and this pattern looks really sweet. I really like the colors you picked out. They blend so nicely together!!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Libby said...

Look at that basket of goodness!!! You have got some really beautiful fabrics there!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Donna -- when I came home this evening, your package was waiting for me! I love it all! Thanks for sending me this wonderful package and I'll be posting about it soon. Ohhhhh squeal!

Thelma said...

Great Start, your blocks look wonderful!!

Today, you've GOT to improve on your snack....

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Love the pattern and the fabrics. This is going to be one pretty quilt.

baquilter said...

Popping in to visit from Susan's retreat. Love the pattern and the fabrics are simply delicious! Hope you had a good day sewing.

I made only 3 more blocks, but that's progress!

I'm Barbara Anne on-line.

Cheers!

Leah said...

You have some beautiful fabrics... Have a great day tomorrow!

Pink-a-Palooza said...

I'll say hello, umm, better late than never? I'm Gael, sewing along with Blackberry's quilt camp..