Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just Because ...

I was having a bad day yesterday ... just "blah".  I was double checking to make sure I had locked all the doors before dark when I happened to see a package on my front porch.  I knew I hadn't ordered anything but the package was for me. 
One of my wonderful blogging friends had sent me a surprise package.  It was from Melinda of Tales From My Empty Nest.  She is a wonderful Christian lady and every few days she is sending me a handwritten note or postcard.

I opened the package and saw the card with a note on the front and it said "Surprise!  Some treats for you ... just because! 

The card even had a sunflower on the front.
Melinda told me everytime she sees a sunflower she thinks of Amber.  I have written so many times of Amber's love of sunflowers.  Melinda had seen the sunflower ornament (it was hard to get a good pic of it ... it is so shiny) and thought of Amber.  She also sent me an ornament with an angel on top to put Amber's picture in for the Christmas tree too! 
I thought this was so sweet and so unexpected.  If you have never visited Melinda's blog go by and say "Hi" for me :)
Thank you Melinda! 

I have had other bloggers send me notes saying everytime they see a sunflower or the color purple they think of Amber ... this makes me happy!  It's like a little note from Amber :)

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna


10 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, I am so glad that you liked your little treasures. I love getting surprises and I just could not pass up these gifts for you when I saw them. I'm so thrilled that they brightened your sad day!!! Every time you see them, you can think not only of Amber, but of me too! Have fun at the Christmas show with Jennifer! Love & blessings from NC!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Melinda is a very sweet person...I always enjoy reading her blog. The sunflower ornament is so pretty and I know you will always enjoy it along with the angel ornament with Amber's pic. We need to get a group of us together for a blogging party:)

Blessings,
Linda

Jennifer said...

Mommy that warms my heart! I love "happies"! How thoughtful. Love you!

Jenn

Linda said...

That was such a lovely post. What a nice turnaround for a bad day!! Made me smile.

elizabeth said...

Melinda is truly a gem. What a sweet surprise to turn your day around!

Mama Pea said...

How sweet and thoughtful. I think of you and Amber every time I see a sunflower, and I only know you from blogland. How's that?! Hop you had a better day today!

Kerrie said...

lovely, like you. hugs, K

ABamaMom said...

That was so sweet! Blog friends are the greatest! Hope your weekend is a good one!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for visiting my craft blog and that you liked the idea about the calendars! The paper is so much fun to work with! Happy crafting, luv n hugs, Kerrie

Marilyn said...

Lovely thoughts for a lovely mom! ♥♫