Monday, November 1, 2010

Potato Soup

Somedays I have cravings for carbs and lots of them!   I made this yummy and easy potato soup recipe last weekend and I will definitely make it again.  I forgot to take a picture of my huge bowl filled with soup before I ate it :)

However, here it is in my huge pot cooking.

Potato Soup

1 stick margarine
1/2 onion chopped
1 - 8 ounce container French Onion dip
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans of milk
10 medium potatoes, cubed and boiled until almost done
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Cheese

In dutch oven, saute onion in margarine until tender.  Add dip, soup and milk, stirring until smooth.  Add partially boiled potatoes.  Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
Garnish with cheese and bacon.

It is predicted to be cooler here this weekend and I may cook me another pot of soup!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna
 

15 comments:

cottonfieldfarm said...

Oh Donna! How did you know potatoe soup is my favorite! My wouldn't it go nicely with homemade bread? I can't wait to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing!
God bless!
Regina

cottonfieldfarm said...

Oops! I mean potato! I got so carried away with the thought of that delicious soup!:)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds so good. I have never had it made with french onion dip - I am saving your recipe.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week.

erin said...

hi donna! oh my...that sounds and looks teriffic!! i will try this for sure! weather is certainly cooling down here too. perfect time for soups of all kinds!

elizabeth said...

Oh I'll bet the french onion dip really adds to potato soup! I'm going to print this recipe so that when it finally becomes cool here in Texas I can surprise my beloved with it.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Donna, this recipe sounds delicious with that French onion dip in it. Yum!!! I am making this tomorrow. I love potato soup and it is my Dad's favorite! Enjoy your day. Love & blessings from NC!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Yum! I made potato leek soup last week (and chili and homemade clam chowder too). I adore soup weather. This one looks hearty and stick to your ribs good!

Bernie said...

I love potato soup....your recipe sounds so very good....:-) Hugs

La said...

That sounds like a yummy variation on my family's favorite soup. La

Mama Pea said...

I love potato soup! I am forwarding your URL to my hubby (who does all the cooking) and making a request!

Stephanie

Marilyn said...

Yum. Being the good "German from Russia" that I am, I love potato anything! Just had soup for supper because when I eat our school lunch I'm not very hungry at night. Thanks for sharing this recipe. ♥♫

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love soups -- particularly Potato soup. I hope you'll get a chance to stop by my table this week -- you'll see some things you recognize.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I sooo love some potato soup...thanks for sharing your recipe:)

Blessings,
Linda

Jen in NY said...

mmmm! That looks good, can I have some? I'll have to try that! xo Jen

erin said...

hi donna, well, i made the soup last night and it was fantastic!! i have always liked O'charly's loaded potato soup and this was even better. hubby cut some chives from the garden for garnish along with the bacon and cheese and boy it was so good! thank you!!
erin