Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Mantle

I have been working on my Christmas mantle off and on for days.  There has been so much going on around here I still haven't hung the stockings.  I do have my glittery trees in place with the Christmas picture that has hung there all year.  Amber gave me the picture several years ago and it has been hanging there through the seasons.  I love it and I know it is a winter scene but it makes me happy all year long!  I don't care if I do break "rules" in decorating. 

A closeup of some of the glittery ornaments that deck the mantle with the picture in the background.  I will post it again after it is completed.  I still have a little tweaking to do :)
I have been busy this week with Jennifer and helping her decorate for Christmas. 
We also have a new furry friend who came into our lives ... her name is Honey and she is adorable.  I can't get her to stay still long enough to take good pics ... she does make me laugh!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna



12 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty! I break "their' rules all the time.:D
Looking forward to seeing your new furbaby.
Have a great weekend.

Bernie said...

Your mantle looks beautiful Donna, and I adore the picture that Amber gave you, it is gorgeous.
.......:-)Hugs

ABamaMom said...

You know what they say about rules! Love the mantle...very festive!

Lindsay said...

love it!

Kerrie said...

I love your mantel, it is gorgeous! Hugs to you sweet lady!

Miriam said...

Love your glittery trees and the Christmas picture.
Can't wait to see a picture of Honey!!

Marilyn said...

I didn't realize there are decorating rules about favorite pictures from beloved daughters. I'd be happy looking at it all year long, too! Your new furry friend sounds like a puppy with lots of energy! Or could it be a kitten? Can't wait to meet her. ♥♫

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, your mantel is gorgeous. I love the trees. Who ever heard of rules for decorating. As far as I can tell, most people just do whatever they want to and whatever makes them happy, regardless! That is my approach. If I like it in my own home, then that is all that matters. I know you cherish that beautiful picture from Amber. Glad you have been able to help Jennifer this week. What fun! Oh, and I am so excited that you have a new "baby". Can't wait to find out if you have a new puppy or kitten. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. It snowed here today and is so beautiful!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

Looking good! See what I mean?! Yours looks so put together. I am jealous! :-)

Stephanie

from my front porch... said...

Ooooh, just gorgeous, Donna!
There are no rules when it comes to keeping things in our homes that are near and dear to our hearts!
Cannot wait to meet Honey :)
xo, misha

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love those trees on your mantel -- Oh I'm looking forward to pictures of your new little Honey!

Jen in NY said...

You have a beautiful mantle there, Donna! Love those glittery trees.