Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year and Thank You!

I wanted to type a post to thank you to all my blogger friends I have made this past year.   You have all
been so supportive to me and my family as I have written about my life and my adventures of trying to decorate my home, sew, quilt, cook and garden.  

I posted so many times about Jennifer's wedding plans this past year.  I think Jennifer finding the love of her life has kept me going.  Knowing that she has someone now to go home to every night and to love her like she deserves to be loved.

Planning a wedding was one of the most stressful but enjoyable things a mother can help her daughter do.  Jennifer was 28 when she married so she pretty much had all of her wedding planned.  I think  every little girls dreams about the day she will be married.  It was one of the happiest and most bittersweet days of my life.  I know Amber was there in spirit and a special tribute was so well thought out by Jennifer for her sister.  It was very heart warming.  I can't believe Jennifer has been married 6 months now!  How time flies.  I plan on having grandbabies one day to spoil and love!

But most of all thank you for your support especially when I have posted about Amber.  Losing a child has to be the worst thing a parent could go through.  I read somewhere the other day that a parent felt like their heart had been amputated after losing a child.   I feel like mine has sometimes been torn into pieces.   I know mine will never be the same ... a part of it is broken forever.  There have been days when I have not wanted to go on with life.  It has been very difficult ... especially the holidays.  We just have to start with new memories as hard as it is.  I know I have my husband, Jennifer and her new husband Jeremy.

The holidays are the most difficult when my husband and I are here alone.  I never expected to be an empty nester so soon.  We expected Amber to live many more years.    I spoiled Amber beyond what should be allowed for a child (LOL) but I have no regrets!

I plan on trying to get organized in 2011.  We bought several large storage shelves for our basement so I can get things off the floor.  I am packing away Christmas items and instead of stacking boxes on top of each other and having an avalanche, I am going to organize my new shelving units.

Now I am ready for Winter to be over and move on to Spring!  We had our first White Christmas with all the snow I want and now I am ready to have yardwork to do.  I love to plant my flowers and veggies in the garden.  Just digging in the dirt and pulling weeds helps me mentally!  Is that crazy or what!

I have so many sewing  projects I need to finish and I actually worked on a quilt last night.  I want to  finish scrapbooking projects that have been too emotional to work on (Amber's) but hopefully I will complete what we began.  There is plenty I need to do and I will hopefully finish them this New Year.

My husband and I are spending a quiet New Year's Eve here at home.  Jennifer and Jeremy are coming tomorrow to have lunch with us.  I "really" need another meal!  That's all I have done is eat!

We never know what the New Year will hold for us.  Just hold your loved ones tight and tell them "I Love You" every chance you get!

God Bless You and Hugs,
Donna

12 comments:

from my front porch... said...

Donna, what a sweet and loving post. I treasure you, my friend! And that is what blogging is all about~support, kinship, and love~
I know in 2011 you will be making new memories and always will be including Amber somehow in those. That is what helps our *Hearts* get through the tough things in life. At least that is how I get by.
Thank you for always being so sweet...I appreciate you more than you know!
God bless.
xo, misha

Linda said...

What a heartfelt and touching post. With tears in my eyes, it made me go give a big hug and kiss to my girls. I can't even pretend to imagine the pain from the loss of your sweet Amber. I wish you the very best New Year, Donna!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Donna -- I hope that 2011 will be a very sweet year for you and your family. God Bless! Martha

Bernie said...

Happy New Year sweet lady, may 2011 be one filled with love, health and happiness....Hugs

Mama Pea said...

Donna, you are so sweet. I hope 2011 will be filled with many happy memories for you and your family. I haven enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. You are an amazingly strong woman. And you are tender and loving as well.

All my best to you in 2011~

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Hope you have a healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year!
Glenda

Jen in NY said...

Happy New Year Donna! It has been an honor to be your friend. Even though we've never met in person I feel like we get along so well! I wish you many joys and much happiness in 2011.

Miriam said...

Happy New Year dear Donna.
I hope you get lots of sewing and gardening time.

((hugs))

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I'm hoping that 2011 will be a good one for you...I'm also looking forward to digging in the dirt:) Have a wonderful day with Jennifer and SIL.

Blessings,
Linda

PS We found THE DRESS in B'ham:)

Marilyn said...

Hello, my dear friend. I know exactly what you mean about gardening! It was -11 degrees here overnight and am waiting for it to warm up so I can go out and clear a path to my dog and feed the kitties.

Cute new background!

May 2011 bring you more peace so your heart will continue to mend. I'll always understand your feelings and am glad you are able to share them with us. I did picture our two loved ones celebrating in heaven this Christmas. Stay warm! ♥♫

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I hope your new year is one filled with wonderful memories.

I'm glad you feel comfortable talking about Amber to your 'invisible' friends.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Happy New Year and I hope 2011 finds new joys for you and yours!

Hugs!
Janelle