Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowmen ...

It is so cold here in the South!  I don't think we made it out of the 40's here today.  The wind chill made it even worse.  I know most of you would think it was a heat wave, however it is COLD to us!
I love snowmen and especially Mary Engelbreit snowmen!  Jennifer found this cutie for me right before Christmas last year at Michael's.   He was marked half off and was only $8. When she brought him home to me I was so excited.  He stands about 12 inches high.  I have him in my kitchen this year with glittery holly I bought after Christmas for a $1.  I love a thrifty find!
This is an end table in our family room with more snowmen and a little gingerbread girl.  The tea set I have had for several years.  The little cups are trimmed in peppermint stripes.
The snowmen figurines are by Penny McAllister. They each have so much personality. They look vintage.  I have had the large one for several years and I purchased the smaller ones this year at a Christmas shop in Birmingham.

Look at those little pink shoes, round belly and bright cheeks! 
This gingerbread girl is decked out in her peppermint candy and bows.  The little box opens up and each one has a surprise.  This one had a little piece of "peppermint candy" inside. 
The tinsel around her base reminds me of my grandmother's silver tinsel tree from when I was a little girl.  It's funny how little things can bring back memories. 
After all isn't that part of the magic of Christmas.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

15 comments:

xinex said...

I love all your snowmen. They are all so cute!...Christine

Bloggymom said...

Love your snowmen. I did snowmen this year... come over to my blog and see.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What darling snowmen (and gingerbread girl)! So sweet.

Ann Marie said...

snowmen and snowflakes are my weakness! Chocolate too!

Bernie said...

So cute.....I am sure you missed your calling my friend, you really should be an interior decorator - you are just so good at it...Hugs

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
You have a great collection here...I think my favorite one is that cutie patootie ME one!!!! I'm sorry that I have not been by lately...just staying so busy...maybe it will slow down soon.

Blessings,
Linda

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have a collection of snowmen too, but I have so many Santas, that I wait and put out my snowmen after Christmas and enjoy them in January and February. Thanks so much for my surprise!!!!!! Have a wonderful week and stay warm. It is super cold here too. BRRR!!!! Love & blessings from NC!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your vignettes are so pretty. Love your snowmen. Thanks for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing your collection of snowmen - thanks for sharing them with us.
I am not handling this cold very well either.

Desiree said...

I have left a comment on your previous post about Honey. It's invariably the little things in life that are infused with the most meaning.

Mama Pea said...

There you go again, making the cutest tablescapes! They are all so cute! Nice job! Hope you get warm soon! It's snowing here, AGAIN!

Denise said...

They ARE darling snowmen. Love the big guy. Little Miss Gingerbread is sweet too.
Stay warm.

My Vintage Studio said...

Thank you for visiting my blog this week.

Love your snowman collection!

Wishing you a wonderful day.
Sharon

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

And I see a picture of a cutie tucked in with your snowmen. I'll bet she loved them, too.

kristin said...

Oh I LOVE snowmen! I have always thought that most santas looked really creepy, and i've always been more drawn towards snowmen.. they just always look so happy, and its hard to make a creepy snowman! hahaha
I have a little collection myself.. some arent out yet, but I have pictures of them up on my blog! I plan on keeping them out through Jan until I decorate for Valentines day, I never know what to do in Jan, but we always get our snow Jan-Feb so it's kind of fitting so I usually go for cream/silver/snowman theme in Jan.