Monday, December 27, 2010

White Christmas!

My first White Christmas! 
We woke up to snow falling on Christmas Day ... my first ever!  We had 2 inches at least.  Now this is not much to some people, but to those of us who live in the South it is a big event!  We had a dusting of snow in 1989 but never a White Christmas. 
I was in the midst of cooking when I went outside to take a few pics.  It was beautiful! 
I was standing in our upper driveway.  The driveways and roads were clear.
It's so pretty!
I was standing in our lower driveway looking up at the house.
Snow on evergreens ...
A gate leading into our backyard.

Snow on a wreath for the first time ever!
My husband walked to the back of our house in our pasture and took these pics. 
I see this view from my kitchen window.  It has been gorgeous for the past few days looking out at the snow and the hillside.

Fortunately Jennifer and Jeremy arrived safe and sound. She was so happy to see the snow. Fifty miles away in Birmingham there was not much snow.
We made a snowman later in the day and he still stands about 5 feet tall. I think he will be around for a few more days. 
I know Amber watched us play in the snow.  We later went to the cemetery and visited her gravesite.  Her Christmas tree was covered in snow and so pretty. 
The snow did make our Christmas a little happier.

Thanks for visting and God Bless,
Donna







18 comments:

La said...

I love reading about your white Christmas. AS an Ohioan, I tend to take it for granted. I'm glad it brought you such joy. La

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Snow makes everything look pretty -- A winter Wonderland! We got about 8 inches here.

Miriam said...

Ohh so pretty, Donna! Your white Christmas is beautiful.
I hope the snowman lasts a few more days!

erin said...

oh donna...its all soooo pretty!!! i LOVE the snow! we got about an inch here, not enough to go sledding. your house reminds me of our last house which was a brick ranch out in the country. i am sure amber was (is) wishing you the very best........
enjoy the last week of 2010!!
erin

ABamaMom said...

I so glad you got some! My daughter was also disappointed with no snow in B'ham. But we got about 5 inches in Eva, so she was happy when they got here! Have a good week!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing your snow pictures. We got flurries Christmas day, night and for a little while on Sunday. To be honest - hope that is all we get this Winter.
Have a great week!
Glenda

Linda said...

How exciting and fun! It DOES look pretty. I guess I would love it too if I didn't see it for nearly 6 months! :-)

John'aLee said...

Oh how fun for you! I'll never forget our first one ever when we lived in Utah. It was kind of surreal!
Happy New Year!

Marilyn said...

A little snow is delightful, ours usually comes with WIND turning it into a blizzard! Last Christmas we were at my mom's and started home at 2:00 right after dinner and had to drive in white-out conditions. This year, no snow in sight.

Grace and peace to you and your family in the New Year. ♥♫

My Vintage Studio said...

Your view from your window is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs, Sharon

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I hate to say how jealous I am of your white Christmas, but I am. I'll have to show Baby Bee - she'll be charmed.

I am so looking forward to spending time with you in the new year!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, we had a white Christmas too. Between 5 to 7 inches. It is still gorgeous, because our temperatures have remained low. I took lots of pictures, but have not posted in forever. I have got to get back on the ball and publish a post soon. I have just been stretched a bit thin lately. Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas. We did and the snow really added to the excitement of the day! Enjoyed your pictures. Your home is so pretty and I love the view from your kitchen window. So pretty! Love & blessings from NC!

Jen in NY said...

I'm so glad you had a white Christmas! What pretty pictures of your house and yard. We also had a white Christmas, but that was expected. Don't you love how snow looks on evergreens?

Mama Pea said...

How neat! That really makes Christmas special, doesn't it?! I really love snow when it goes away fast. Haha! We have at least 3 more months of it to look forward to. January and February are always the coldest, so I'm not looking forward to that. It's about this time I'm ready for winter to be over. But a white Christmas for you would be so special! When I spend Christmas in AZ with my parents, or in FL where they used to live, I was surprised how little I missed the snow! haha!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Your snow pics are so pretty...lucky you...all we got were a few snowflakes on the way to church on Sunday.

Blessings,
Linda

Cindy said...

Donna..I am sure she was smiling!! Beautiful pictures. People can't understand what it is to live in the South..and not see snow..much less at Christmas.Thanks for sharing this!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Cheryll said...

I'm so glad you got snow for Christmas down there. We had our first White Christmas in years here in Missouri. I'm sure your beautiful angel was watching you play and smiling.

Stacey said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!