Friday, January 28, 2011

Hearts in Time for Valentines

 I am joining Susan at Blackberry Creek for a weekly update on what we are working on to finish in 2011.
(I am still working on the teacup border on the Sweet Tea quilt.)

This was a quilt kit I purchased a couple of years ago.  Now I finally have the borders on and hopefully have it quilted before Valentines day. Very simple patchwork quilt. 
I love the pink and green chenille used in some of the blocks along with the heart fabric.  I am a February baby so anything with hearts gets my attention.

I think I will put my walking foot on my machine and do a simple cross hatch  design due to the chenille and the texture.

This quilt goes with nothing in my house but hey a girl has to have something pretty and pink to snuggle under for a winter nap :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  The sun is shining here today and it is around 60 degrees!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna


12 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

OH, this is really cute. I sure do love Valentine's Day and hearts/pinks/reds etcd ;) :) Thanks for posting the pic. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Mama Pea said...

Oh, Donna, that is really cute. I just LOVE the chenille on it. It will be fun to cuddle up under. A February baby needs to keep this to cuddle under! :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

It looks just perfect for you Donna...love the colors:)

Blessings,
Linda

Susan said...

Your quilt is beautiful!! Donna you are a talented person!

Jen in NY said...

Oh it's so pretty Donna! I *love* pink and green! Have you ever visited http://www.tammytadddesigns.com ? Lots of pink and green yumminess! I hope you have a great weekend too...send some of that warmth up here! :-) xo Jen

Deb said...

Great job on more progress. The colors are beautiful and just right for snuggling!

Lynn said...

It looks wonderful. The chenille gives such a nice texture too.

baquilter said...

Applause!! What a charming quilt you have almost finished! Love the colors and I've never seen a quilt that mixed chenille with cotton. I like that idea!

Cheers!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

It's looking wonderful.

Patsy said...

Beautiful! I love pink! Nothing I have in my house matches either, but it's just a girl thing. I have pink reading glasses! Thanks for sharing. Your posts always get me inspired. Have a great week.

Marilyn said...

Our wedding colors were pink and green. So they are my favorites even today. ♥♫

Linda said...

Love the pink and green chenille!! Soft, cuddly and pretty!