Friday, January 21, 2011

Retail Therapy

  I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted.  I have been sick with fluish like symptoms.   I think my body has ached all over.  After seeing  a doctor twice this week, I think I am going to survive.

I haven't even been in my sewing room except to grab a few quilting books to look at and I saw my purchases I made before I got sick.

Look at this yumminess!

It's a quilt kit I purchased at my local quilt shop when they had a 30% off sale.  It's packaged so cute I hate to even take the fabrics out! 
I have been wanting this kit and I couldn't resist it once it was on sale.  It's called Tiny Town by Bunny Tales.  It is machine appliqued with little houses, shops ... everything that would be in a little town.  I love it!

Here's some of the fabrics in the kit ...

And I couldn't resist this roll of fat quarters.  It's called Sweet Divinity.  I haven't decided what I will make with it.  I always hate to unroll my bundles :)

Can you tell I am ready for Spring with all these pastel colors?

I hope to do some sewing tonight now that I am feeling better.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna


16 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, oh, oh I love that kit!! I've been admiring that pattern for quite some time. Those fabrics are going to be gorgeous in it! I really can't wait for you to make it!! Yes, they sure did bundle everything up so nice. I would hate to take it apart too. It looks as if it should be left out for decoration! :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sorry to hear that you have been sick, but happy to hear that you are feeling better:)

Blessings,
Linda

ABamaMom said...

Pretty fabric! Jealous! I know what you mean about spring...I'm tired of this snow!

La said...

I hope you feel better. I love your blog background. La

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry you have been under the weather, and hope you are feeling better. Looks like you have lots of supplies to keep you busy for a while.
Enjoy your weekend.
Glenda

Susan said...

Donna, I hope you are feeling better. I love the quilt kit
!!

Jen in NY said...

What a great sale! I've had my eye on both those things...the Bunny Hill pattern and the Sweet Divinity fabrics. That is a cute kit, in the the little tote! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, two trips to the doctor? You poor thing! Take it easy ok?

from my front porch... said...

Oh, how I wish I had your talent!

The bug going around seems to hang on forever!
I sure you start feeling better so you can get on with creating, Donna!
xo, misha

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Dear Donna, Sorry you're not feeling good...hopefully it'll pass soon. Oh my...all that fabric is cute. yeah, I know what you mean about not wanting to take it apart ;) :) :) Take lots of photos !!! Your new blog background is really sweet ;) :) I like the roses on the sides :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Kerrie said...

Donna Darlin' (as mama would say!) so sorry to hear you have been ill! I hope you are up and running ASAP! Your fabric is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you make with it. Hugs and ♥'s, Kerrie

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Those sure are pretty and that little town quilt sounds so adorable. Sure hope you continue to recover from your fluish. (I know - not a real word, but it sounded right to me.)

Take care of yourself! You've got to get that little town quilt done for us to admire. :)

Sunny simple life said...

Been enjoying your delightful blog. Hope you are feeling better soon. Some sort of bug keeps invading our house and someone is always sick here too.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, so sorry that you have been sick and glad that you are feeling better. I LOVE your quilt kit and your fat quarter bundle. Such beautiful colors. That quilt will be awesome! Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

Sorry to hear you are sick and glad you are feeling better. I love it when shops package things so cute. I have one kit I've had now for 5 years and can't bear to open it up. How bad is that?! I have some of that Sweet Divinity, too. It's the line we are working with for the Quilted Fish Design Team. Check at the Quilted Fish blog...there will be lots of projects getting posted soon with that line!

John'aLee said...

Oh those are yummy fabrics. That is an adorable house pattern too. Can't wait to see if finished.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Great purchases! I've been drawn by bright springy colors lately, too.

Hope you are feeling better.