Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dressed Up Picture Frame

I bought some plain picture frames at Hobby Lobby and wanted to "dress" them up. 
Jennifer bought one something like this last fall for her bedroom.
I decided to try to make my own version. 
Actually I gave the frame to Jennifer for Valentine's Day with a picture of the two of us on her wedding day last June.
Do you think we look like mother and daughter?  We hear this all the time ... "you look so much alike."  We are like "two peas in a pod" :)

It took me forever but I eventually found some ribbon like I wanted and an antique pin that looks as close as I could find to a cross.  She wanted a cross.  This pin has lots of bling!  I think the picture deserves some bling since it was her wedding day!

Here is the antique pin I found in an antique store.  I just pinned it on the bows I made for the frame.  If she wants to change it ...if I find a cross all I have to do is un-pin it and replace it!

Here is what I began with ... just a simple off white picture frame. 

I have several I want to make using some of my grandmother's old clip-on earrings that are very old.  When I get them made I will post them.  
It is a quick project once I decide what ribbon and the piece of jewelry I want to use.

We had a beautiful day with a high near 70!  I worked outside for a while pruning my roses ... getting ready for Spring!

Thank you for visiting and God Bless!
Donna




14 comments:

Miriam said...

I really love that photograph of you and Jennifer. You both look gorgeous!

What a great idea. I love that antique pin!

I hope the warm weather stays around for you.

Mama Pea said...

Donna, I agree with Miriam. You both look GORGEOUS in that photo. You are one hot mama! :-) Great job on the photo frame. You have such a great eye for things like that. The antique pin idea is brilliant. I'm jealous of your good weather, but it is supposed to be in the 50s here today, so I cannot complain!

Linda said...

What a stunning picture of you both!!! Honestly, you look so beautiful Donna and of course Jennifer does. I had to take a double take that it wasn't one of those photos that comes with the frame. :-)
That's a great idea to do for a plain old frame.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great picture of you and your daughter. I really like what you did to the frame - pretty.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Love how you dressed up this simple frame...the pin is beautiful, just like the two of you...yes you do look like each other.

Blessings,
Linda

ABamaMom said...

Oh.My.Goodness. You are both so beautiful...of course you have to be to look alike! And that frame is gorgeous! (Reminder to self: Look for antique pins!) Love it!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, I love your frame and the picture of you and Jennifer is AWESOME! You both look radiant and so beautiful!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Jen in NY said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you! And you made it even prettier by the frame! You are so creative, and the antique pin is such a nice touch.

donna said...

What a great idea. I love your picture frame. And I do think you look like mother daughter. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
donna

Lindsay said...

so cute! I think i might make a few frames too!!

John'aLee said...

Oh that is so sweet! Great job dearie!

Betty Lou said...

Just found your blog through Donna's Lavender Nest, love your Southern style. I am a new blogger, hope you will take a look at me.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Donna.
Your picture frame is so pretty!
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs, Sharon

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh so pretty!!!!!

Donna, you both are just so, so beautiful!
And yes, there is no mistaking that you are her
momma!!

big hugs,
Becky