Thursday, March 31, 2011

Look What I Got in the Mail ...

I received my Pay It Forward gift from Erin at Erin's Art and Gardens.  She posted these beautiful doilies on her blog yesterday and how she made them as well.  My photos do not do hers justice ... she is a wonderful photographer as well.

I opened my package today and guess what was inside!  These cute little bowls or in this case they are nests filled with chocolate eggs! 
She had the nests also filled with tissue from sewing patterns!  What a great idea!  I had already eaten an egg before I took the picture :) Yummy too!
Here are the nests turned upside down to see the beauty of the doilies.
Here they are turned upright. 
I love doilies and these are just beautiful with all the handwork that was put into these cuties.

Erin also included a dried daffodil and copies of some of her gorgeous Spring photos.  She sent me four and I want to have them framed.  She captures nature at its best! 
 I tried to capture pics of her photos but they just don't do her work justice.

If you have never visited Erin's blog you really should just to see her beautiful photos and artwork.

Thank you Erin ... you made my day!

Thanks for visiting,
Donna

 


9 comments:

Linda said...

Sweet goodies!!

erin said...

you are most welcome, sweety!!!!! it was lots of fun making them.....
happy "daffy" spring!!!!!
erin
xxoo

Betty Lou said...

How cute these little bowls are, you have a talented Pay it Forward Pal.

Denise said...

Hey..... those are too cute! I love to play Pay it Forward......Looks like you are having fun with it.....

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Loved seeing your treasures from Erin - So Pretty! She is a very talented lady.
Enjoy your weekend.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Those are so sweet! I love them. What a clever little thing to do with them too. Did I say sweet? Why that's exactly what they are.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

These are the cutest things ever! I can see whey you were so thrilled. I want to check out her blog. Love your new look for spring. Have a wonderful weekend. I am going away with my Bible study group. Can't wait! Love & blessings from NC!

Bernie said...

These are so cute Donna, just so you!....Hugs

Mama Pea said...

Those are so cute! I've seen doilies before, but I've never seen them turned into bowls. Neat. I love the clever idea of turning them into nests! So cute!