Thursday, March 24, 2011

PB Basket and Mine

I went to Pottery Barn in Birmingham on Saturday and loved all the Spring decor.  I love to go there for inspiration.  I love all their "pretties" this year.  I love PB but the prices are so high for my budget. 

I have a passion for baskets and they had beautiful ones but this one was $49.99!  Now why don't they just say $50??  Too high priced for me!
I do love it though!

After looking at it I remembered about a month ago I purchased this basket at Cracker Barrel for $19.99!  I am going to use it for Easter and then through the summer.

It's about the same size and good enough for me!  I can take off the ivy and add some more moss.
Then the sky's the limit! 
I have ideas for Easter and then for summer. 

I have been extra busy this week so as soon as I decorate it for Easter I will post it!
In the meantime I can use that $30 for something else thrifty!

Thanks for visiting!
Donna




13 comments:

Jen in NY said...

Cute basket Donna! Cracker Barrel, we love you! :-) I love PB too but yeah, too much $$ most of the time.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

You go Donna...how funny that we love the same basket! Looks like I need to go by Cracker Barrel...you enjoy that $30!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Betty Lou said...

I like the way you think-------your decorated basket will probably look much nicer. Plus you did it, not made in China.

retrorevival.biz said...

Donna, I like the way you think too! It's nice to get inspiration from places like PB and so much fun to find unique and less expensive ways to interpret into your own style. Hoping you'll show us your results:)
~Cindy

Linda said...

You are smart! Your cracker barrel basket is even cuter! I love pb too, but way pricey. We used many of the photos in the pb kids catalog as "inspiration" when we gave the girls rooms makeovers! Pb is wonderful for that!

from my front porch... said...

I love your basket and cannot wait to see how you Easter-it-up!
xo, misha

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think you made the right choice. I agree about the PB prices. We have an outlet close, but rarely buy anything there. Even with the mark downs, most is still pricey.
Enjoy your evening.

ABamaMom said...

PB is sooo not cheap! That basket is cute, but it's what I use kudzu for! I've made these baskets by taking a glass vase and covering it with green kudzu vines, let dry, remove vase! I use the kudzu for my "grapevine" wreaths, too! More info than you really asked for, huh?

erin said...

hi donna, i just love PB for inspiration, but RARELY do i buy from them! i like your basket better. he he
erin
xxoo

donna said...

I just love your basket and your idea to do something thrifty with the money you saved. I am looking forward to seeing you basket decorated.
Hugs
donna

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Great basket, Donna. And look how much you are saving. I know it will be adorable! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I think the Cracker Barrel basket is lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Mama Pea said...

You are so creative! That basket is just like the PB one! I'm like you, I love PB but can't afford any of it. I saw your other post on paying it forward. I gotta think about whether or not I could send 5 things to people. I am afraid it would get away from me, and I would leave 5 people feeling bad. Which would be no fun... I love that you're doing it. Please forgive me for not playing right now! If it was summer, I'd do it. I know you said we can do it later, but then things get away from me. :-)