Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring ... It's Here!

Happy first day of Spring!  I am so glad Spring has officially arrived.  I walked around the yard this past week taking pictures of blooming trees in our yard.
  My peonies, snowball bush and azaleas will be blooming in a few more weeks.  I am trying to rush Spring this year!
Bradford pear tree in the sideyard.  I love to see these blooming, however they do not have the most pleasant smell with those pretty little flowers!

Forsythia bush blooming...love the yellow.

Another Bradford pear tree with a huge Yoshino Cherry tree.  It's difficult to tell the pink from the white in this picture.

Last night I sat outside watching the Super Moon for awhile ... it was beautiful!  To think it will not be this large for at least 18 more years.
I was up during the night and could walk through the house without any lights on.  It was very bright :)

We are having another beautiful day here and I am going outside to take my little Honey for a walk.

Have a wonderful first day of Spring!

Hugs,
Donna 

13 comments:

Bernie said...

So happy for you and everything Spring. We are having snow and high winds right now, I know Spring will arrive......just don't know when.
Your flowers and trees are lovely....:-)Hugs

La said...

I love your new look. Things aren't blooming much here in Ohio yet, but it is warmer and the sun has been shining.

Happy Spring! La

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how pretty. I love it when all the pretty buds show up and flowers start to bloom. Perfect time of year. Hugs, Marty

Susan said...

Donna , we have those Bradford Pear trees all over here in South Carolina. Unfortunately we do not have any in our yard. They are so pretty when in bloom.
I also got to witness that beautiful moon last night! It was gorgeous!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Thanks for sharing your beautiful early Spring yard...I'm right with you...loving this Spring weather.

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing your touches of Spring. I forgot about the Super Moon last night. :(
Lots of buds on my azaleas. Sure hope we don't have a cold snap that wipes them out.
Enjoy your evening.

Jen in NY said...

Happy Spring! That moon was beautiful wasn't it? It was still out this morning when I got up. Your trees are gorgeous, they're so cheerful and pretty!

Denise said...

We too enjoyed the moon last night.. We took a moon light drive.... it was so beautiful.. I have been rushing Spring for months now.....Seems that it was such a long winter!

Linda said...

Happy Spring, Donna!! Such beautiful photos! I didn't realize the moon was so beautiful last night. Raining like crazy here right now. Getting ready for flowers, I hope!

Mama Pea said...

You are so far ahead of us in spring! I haven't even seen anything poking out of the ground yet...though others have. That moon was beautiful. It actually woke me up the other night because it was shining in my window right into my eyes!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Oh yes! Spring is here. Aaaaaachooooooo!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

C'mon Spring...it is still quite cold here...but I feel it coming!

♥I am having Springtime Giveaway over on my blog....come on over and join the fun!♥

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for stopping by for tea. We won't see blooms on our trees for a bit yet but we know it's coming. I enjoyed peeking at yours. Enjoy this first week of Spring.

Blessings,
Sandi