Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Wreath

I made this Spring wreath last night.  I will put it on my door today after the wind and rain has passed by our way.
I've had this old grapevine wreath in my garage for several years.  You can tell it needs some help,  It looks really pitiful!

I bought these flowers really cheap at Michaels.
I love this mesh ribbon ... found it at Hobby Lobby.  It comes in several colors ... love it!  They have the larger size but I went with the smaller for this wreath.

I just used these few items and it didn't cost but just a few dollars.  It's hard to believe the ugly grapevine wreath could actually be turned into a Spring wreath. 
When it gets closer to Easter I will add some Easter eggs I found on picks to insert into the wreath.

I would love to make one for every season

I am linking up to Linda's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm.  She is having a giveaway so stop by and enter.

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

14 comments:

Linda said...

Oh that is so pretty! You did such a wonderful job. Adding Easter eggs will be darling!! :-)

Mama Pea said...

Very pretty! That will spruce things up, won't it? The eggs will look really cute on there! I again am amazed at your talent!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty - nice job! I need to get my wreath out from last year and "spiffy" it up a bit.

Thelma said...

Wow, I love your pretty wreath. You should teach a class at Hobby Lobby, they couldn't keep those flowers and ribbon in stock if that wreath was on display.

Betty Lou said...

Your wreath is so feminine and spring like. Just the right touch to welcome your guests. I really need to get something on my door, you insprire me!

Wanda Metcalf said...

You have done a wonderful job on this. The colors are perfect. I love how the pops in and out.

I was at Hobby Lobby today. They had chocolate bunny statues... soooo cuuute!!

=0)

Tracey said...

So pretty and Springy!!!

My Vintage Studio said...

Your wreath is so pretty.
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs, Sharon

Jen in NY said...

Oh what a pretty wreath Donna! I think it's so hard to find a nice pre-made spring wreath...what a great idea to make one! I love all the cheerful flowers and the ribbon is very nice. Lovely as usual!

Bernie said...

I absolutely love visiting your every post, you always show us such pretty things and you mostly make everything yourself. You do have a gift my friend. Sending big hugs...:-)

ABamaMom said...

Such a pretty wreath! Thought about you this weekend...I was in your neighborhood...antique shopping! Went to several shops...Old Walker Drug Store and Blossom. Pretty things!

donna said...

Donna your wreath is gorgeous. Just love the flowers.
Hugs
donna

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hey Donna! You sure have been making everything look so pretty for spring! LOVE the cloches and your new wreath. You are such an inspiration!

hugs,
Becky

Denise said...

I need to change the ones on my house.. They are still fall decor....... Mercy, where does the time go.......