Monday, March 28, 2011

Thrift Store Silver Water Pitcher

I stopped in at the local thrift store the other day and found this silver water pitcher.  It was tarnished very badly and I wondered if I would ever be able to  get it to shine.  The lady was asking $20 for it but I wouldn't pay that much for it.  She finally said she would take $11 and it came home with me!

I thought it was a really pretty piece.  I don't know much about silver.  After a little bit of silver cleaner and polish it is all pretty and shiny! 
As I was polishing it I noticed it was stamped on the bottom by the Rogers Silver Co.  I began my search on the internet and found the Rogers Silver Co. trademark.  I began another search and found that it sold anywhere from $40 to $90! 
I really like my thrifty find and I got a great deal!

I was so anxious to get the silver polish on it I forgot to take a picture before.
I now have it displayed on my kitchen countertop with gerber daisies for Spring.

See the little feet on it and it has a beautiful ornate handle.
It really perks up my countertop with my cloches filled with little green apples!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT and
Marty At A Stroll Thru Life for TT.


22 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Good thrifting------looks like spring on your countertop.

Susan said...

Donna your silver water pitcher is beautiful!! You definitely got a good deal on this piece!

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

What a beautiful silver pitcher, Donna. It would have been a good deal even if you had paid $20 :).

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Guess what? I have that same pitcher...mine came from my MIL...you got a great deal:)

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice deal. Don't you love it when you get something in a great deal and find out later it is worth a lot more.
Enjoy your evening.

from my front porch... said...

Awesome! I adore silver anything!

I thrifted at several places over the weekend! Things to all go towards my new little "store"!
I have been working on this for 2 weeks now and then today...boom. All of sudden I thought, "I can't do this." I don't know why it seems so scary :0
Thank you so much for putting the giveaway on
your sidebar! You are such a sweet friend...
xo, misha

Ann Marie said...

You did find a great bargin!

donna said...

Your water pitcher is a beautiful find. I alos love your new blog back ground.
Hugs
donna

Mama Pea said...

Great find! I was going to say...it doesn't look very tarnished in that first photo! LOL. It's amazing what silver polish can do! I love it with the yellow flowers!

Bernie said...

Love it, you really know how to pull everything together Donna, it looks lovely with your cloches.
....:-)Hugs

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love your water pitcher. It is beautiful and especially with those beautiful flowers in it! It is amazing what a little silver polish can do to a piece. Enjoy! Love & blessings from NC!

La said...

Very pretty vignette. The daisies are ideal for this pitcher.

Marilyn said...

Pretty piece at a bargain price. Maybe I should do some polishing here at home as I have one from my grandmother hiding somewhere. I put things away to keep them safe, then forget about them. Snow here this morning, so I needed to see your lovely bit of spring. Thanks for sharing. ♥♫

Patti said...

Great buy...and it looks so pretty with the flowers in it ...and here's a suggestion: Don't put the water directly into the pitcher for your flowers, but rather put a jar of water inside the pitcher, this way the inside won't get all ruined!

Stop over for a chance to win some vintage linen

Kim said...

Beautiful! Love the look of the green in the glass jars.
xoxo,
Kim

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Your silver water pitcher is beautiful. I too found some silver at the thrift store. It polishes up beauifully. I wish I could find a pitcher like yours. Beautiful vignette. Thanks for sharing. Karie

southernhomesweethome said...

Donna I joined your blog from Stroll. I love the pitcher.. good deal! they are hard to find except on ebay which are high. You did a lovely job

Denise said...

That is beautiful! Good for you.... what a treat...... I need to get out more and go to the SA here....... Your flowers look so nice sitting there......

Grandma Shell said...

Love it when we find great deals like that! Love your page redecorating, very Spring-like!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You find the best stuff!

Thelma said...

I'm with Mary, you DO find the best stuff! I'm so glad you still have those green apples out, I just love them!

Linda said...

Pitcher is gorgeous!! You always find the best goodies!! I think we need to go shopping together! :-)