Thursday, April 14, 2011

Callaway Gardens

My husband and I met Jennifer and Jeremy in Pine Mountain, Georgia this past weekend at Callaway Gardens.  It is a beautiful place to visit.  We have been there a couple of times before in the Spring.  These are just a few pictures I took while there.
I wish I could say this was my garden!

I love bunny rabbits and this one is just the cutest with his Easter basket.  If only I could have brought him home with me :)
Chicks covered with some type of moss ... adorable!
Not sure what this flower is ... it was labeled but forgot!
The chapel...

Inside the chapel.
Beautiful azaleas everywhere you look.  They were past the peak during our visit ... but beautiful.

Camelia ... it is Alabama's state flower.  I really need to plant one in my yard.  Think I will look for one to plant.

We had a wonderful day trip.  I love gardening and it is such a beautiful place for inspiration.

We have had a tragic death in my family this week.  On Tuesday my nephew (my oldest brother's son) who was nine months older than Amber passed away.  He has two little girls and my heart breaks for them.
Please pray for his family.

God Bless...
Donna

15 comments:

Patsy said...

Beautiful. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

ABamaMom said...

Love that bunny! Great trip pictures.

Hate to hear about your nephew...my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Be careful today and keep a watch on the weather!

Marilyn said...

We used to watch Victory Garden and there was often a segment from the Pine Mountain Gardens. The one flower is an amaryllis and we get them at Christmas, pot them up, watch them grow, and have the plants blossom inside.

May God bring his Peace to your and your family at this sad time. ♥♫

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Happy to read that you had a nice trip to Callaway Gardens...I love it there too...that bunny is just too cute!!! So sorry to hear about your nephew...I will be sure to keep your family in my prayers.

Blessings,
Linda

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the photos of the gardens! Especially the chicks and bunny rabbit! Thet look so cool!

from my front porch... said...

I love Callaway Gardens! Went there many times when I lived in Ga.!
So sorry to hear about your nephew, Donna. Amber was waiting with open arms for him....

Thank you for your sweet words yesterday....
xo, misha

Mama Pea said...

Donna, that is beautiful. I am so sorry about your nephew's death. That must be very difficult for your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,
Stephanie

Betty Lou said...

What a beautiful garden-------wish my back yard looked like that. Prayers for all of your family at this difficult time. God Bless you all.

donna said...

I am so glad you had a nice trip. The gardens are just beautiful. Thanks you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
donna

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have always heard about how beautiful Callaway Gardens is, but have never had the opportunity to visit. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures! And I was so saddened to hear about your family's losd. I especially hated to hear that your nephew leaves behind 2 daughters. My heart aches for them! Praying for your family, Donna. Have a nice weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

My Vintage Studio said...

Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Sharon

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. My prayers go out to his family and to yours too. Your pictures are beautiful.

Rettabug said...

Hi Donna,

I wanted to express my sympathy on the loss of your nephew. So sad!

Your trip to Callaway Gardens has made me want to visit there someday. I wonder how it faired with all the storms this weekend.

Your burlap Easter Egg is just darling! I've never seen one before. I need to get out more, I think. LOL

thanks for sharing
fondly,
Rett

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Callaway Gardens is beautiful place - Thanks for sharing your visit. It has been many years since I have been.
I am so sorry for your families loss.

Mitzi said...

What beautiful pictures. That flower was an amarylis. So sorry about your nephew.