Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flowery Easter Eggs

I was in PB recently and saw Easter eggs covered with flowers.  They were adorable but I was not going to pay $6 for each egg. 
I made my own version and I like them just as well.  
I covered a styrofoam egg with small silk flowers.  I took each flower apart and hot glued them to the styrofoam.  Super easy!  The little centers fell out of the flowers so I had pretty pins I put in the center of each flower.
Here are all the supplies I needed along with a hot glue gun.
Here is the finished product and I didn't pay $6 a piece!

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm's NTT for her weekly party.
Thanks Linda for hosting this party!

Thank you for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

 

15 comments:

Jen in NY said...

How beautiful Donna! I love how you can figure out how to do things on your own. Very creative and probably even nicer than PB's!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

You go Donna...your PB knockoff looks great!!

Blessings,
Linda

Linda said...

LOVE LOVE that project! I'm going to buy the stuff to make them with the girls when they come home from grandma's house! What a wonderful idea! You are a genius! :-)

bj said...

What a darling and easy project. I just love it.
Thanks so much for the tip..bet my grands would love to do these.:)
Good good luck on the sign giveaway.:))
xo bj
O, if I am not a follower already, I will be in just 60 seconds. :)
Yep...I already was...

Marilyn said...

Sweet eggs with pretty centers. I'll need to remember the pearl pins! ♥♫

Susan said...

Donna very pretty!

Atelier de Charo said...

So cute idea!

Hugs
Charo

Mama Pea said...

I keep posting comments via mY iPad. I come back and they are not there. :-(

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did a great job.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, your eggs are adorable!!! Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing. And they don't look hard to make, at all. Love & blessings from NC!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a cute idea! I love that you recreate; don't we all wish we could do that with everything from Pottery Barn?!

Betty Lou said...

These are so cute----you are very cleaver. Are you going to do more?

donna said...

Donna your Easter Eggs are so pretty. Love them.
Hugs
donna

retrorevival.biz said...

Well aren't you the most clever! So pretty:)

Hope you have a great day,
~Cindy

Snappy Di said...

Good for you for making your own instead of supporting PB's exorbitant prices.