Friday, April 8, 2011

I Have to Make This Egg Before Easter!

I have been so busy this week making new bedding for Jennifer and her husband's master bedroom.  Oh what a chore!  I have made my share of bedding over the years but I have never made a king size coverlet and bed skirt with pleats.  I don't know how many hours I have worked on it but has been so time consuming!  It is finally finished with the exception of pillow shams.  She still has to decide on her fabric choice.  But they will be very simple ... thank goodness!  I am delivering it to her house today!!!

Now I really want to do something fun and this is what I want to make before Easter!  It is an egg runner for the table.  When I was in a quilt shop in Marietta, Georgia a few weeks ago quilters were making these and they were adorable!  They were making them with all colors of fabric and rick rack of every color!  So cute!
This is the pattern by Pieced Tree Patterns. 
I posted this carrot last year I made and love it.  It was fun to make.
I have lots of scraps I can use from my stash to make the Easter egg!
As soon as I get it made I wll post it ...I can assure you it will have purple in it!

I am sorry I haven't gotten around to responding to all my comments this week.  I've read them all but I have been so busy with sewing I have yet to respond to all of you ... thank you for being patient!  I noticed I have new followers and thank you!

Thank you for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

12 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, that egg is adorable! I have not seen that pattern. And how cute it would be with rick rack. I love rick rack. Can't wait to see the new things you made for Jennifer's bed. I know they are beautiful. You are so talented!! Have a wonderful weekend. My girls and son-in-law are visiting! Love & blessings from NC!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

That is a big sewing project. I have not done any sewing in years. My daughter borrowed my machine - have a feeling I won't see it again. :D
Have a great weekend.

Linda said...

Making bedding sounds like a huge project! Wow. I know it'll be beautiful and they'll just love it! Love the egg! Adorable for Easter!

Carol at Serendipity said...

Donna,

How adorable. I will look forward to seeing the finished project. Love to see a picture of the finished bedding.

Carol

Betty Lou said...

You get 5 stors for making king size bedding, that is a lot of fabric to handle. Love the Easter egg runner. Be sure and show us when you get done. Thought I might order the pattern, but it would probably be Halloween before I got it finished.

Betty Lou said...

You get 5 stars for making king size bedding, that is a lot of fabric to handle. Love the Easter egg runner. Be sure and show us when you get done. Thought I might order the pattern, but it would probably be Halloween before I got it finished.

from my front porch... said...

I cannot wait to see a pic of the comforter! Gosh, Donna, it sounds beautiful....You, my dear, are so very talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I love the egg-too cute!
xo, misha

Jen in NY said...

Oh that would be a great Easter decoration! Can't wait to see it. And I am so impressed that you are making Jennifer's bedding! Wow, how much fabric does that take? I bet it's lovely!

Thelma said...

I loved that carrot table runner, I think this Easter Egg table runner will be a perfect addition to your Easter decor!!

donna said...

Your daughter is so blessed to have you make her new bedding. I just love the easter egg.
Can not wait to see it when it is done. I love that you are going to put purple in it.
Hugs
donna

Marilyn said...

This will be such a delightful piece to share with everyone at your table! Please let us see it when it is finished. ♥♫

Mama Pea said...

Bedding is always a chore to make! Cute little table runner. Can't wait to see it!