Monday, April 11, 2011

Milk Glass and Glass Buttons

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT.  Go by and visit her and see what she is giving away this week.  I won an adorable apron last week and received it in the mail today!  I will have to get my hubby to take my pic with it on ... minus the headshot!!
I found this milk glass candy dish at an estate sale for $2.50.  It has the grape and leaf design on it. 
I needed something to put a small bouquet of flowers in so I decided it would work.  I rarely use anything intended for what it was made to be used.
Here is a better picture of my tiny little roses and little snowballs.  The roses smell so good!

I adore old buttons!  I found these glass ones in a flea/antique store in Marietta for $3.  I am not sure what I will use them for ... it will be something special.  I have seen beautiful jewelry made from old buttons. 

We had a beautiful weekend and now we have severe thunderstorms passing through.  One good thing is ... April showers bring May flowers!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

11 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You Always find the best things! I just love those buttons! How cool!!!

Rettabug said...

Hi Donna,

I'm so glad to hear that another quilter has the same beehive dispenser...wouldn't it be great filled with sweet tea, on the porch, for a group of stitchers?

Love your pretty milkglass vase. I have been told that it is rare to find them with the lids intact, so you were lucky. I just bought another one today for my collection. ;-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I'm so happy that you like your apron:) Looks we are both looking for milk glass, your flowers look so pretty in this piece.

Blessings,
Linda

Pam said...

I agree with Rettabug, I never find those with the lids. So great find! And at a great price too! I'm going to try to get an estate sale this weekend!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your flowers are so pretty. What great finds. I love milk glass, but I really love those glass buttons. So pretty!

Linda said...

I need to take you shopping with me because you always find the best buys!! Love the milk glass dish. Perfect for a liitle bouquet!!

Betty Lou said...

Who needs to put candy in the dish when you have such beautiful flowers. You have such good ideas for deorating, Donna. I love milkglass, but don't have anywhere to display mine in this house.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Very nice collection of buttons. I collect the old mirror back ones. ~~Sherry~~

donna said...

Your milk glass is so pretty. You have good finds at a wonderful price. My kinda gal.
Hugs
donna

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Love the candy dish! Being the daughter of a grape farmer, I like to pick up grapey things.

You always seem to find the best stuff in your travels!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds. The flowers look perfect in the dish. Congratulations on winning the Apron.
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.