Monday, April 25, 2011

Pink Blooms ...

  Spring has "sprung" around here!  We've had beautiful weather the last few days with temps in the 80's.  Severe weather is predicted for tomorrow and Wednesday :(    April showers does bring May flowers!  I just don't like the tornado warnings we have here in the South.

Easter Sunday was quiet around here.  It was just me and my hubby.  We went to church services on Friday evening with Jennifer and Jeremy.  The church is so large they had nine Easter services ... we went to the first one held Friday.
Saturday evening Jennifer and Jeremy came here and we had an early dinner.  I prepared our traditional meal and later in the evening we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. 

I had to show Jennifer my first peony of the year!  I actually remembered to take a picture of my first pink bloom from this bush.  It's special to me ... the bulbs were transplanted from my mother's peony bush.  My mother passed away 30 years ago this year. 

And speaking of pink blooms ... this is just one of twelve pink rose bushes I have at the lower end of our driveway.  They are full of blooms and buds.  I can look out our bedroom window to a sea of pink!

And finally my clematis.  I snapped this picture before dark and the storms pass through.  It is a purple-pinkish color.  I planted it last year and was afraid it would not survive the cold winter we had ... thankfully it did. 

Well gotta go and open up a package I received from the Fat Quarter Shop today ... that's exciting!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna



15 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Happy to hear that all of y'all had a great Easter and just look at all your beautiful pink blooms!

Blessings,
Linda

from my front porch... said...

It sounds as if you all had a wonderful, peace-filled Easter! The way it should be...

A little story about peonies~
They were J's moms fave flower! She had them planted everywhere! She became ill with Cancer when J was 12 and passed on his 17th birthday.
Whenever he sees peonies he always thinks of her!
Flash forward to 3 years ago when J had a very serious surgery, with 3 month recovery period over the spring/summer. We had been living in our home for 3 years and had totally re-landscaped the garden in front of our home.Previously, there had ONLY been shrubs. Ugly ones :( We never planted peonies.

It was a hard recovery for J and depression set in. He began taking a small walk each day to check out yard and get out of the house. One day I heard him hollering for me. I thought he had fallen etc.

To my and his surprise there were PEONIES growing on the far side of the house! Beautiful, huge-bloom, colorful flowers that looked like they had been there for years, blooming year after year!
Can you imagine! I do believe it was a sign from J's Mom. A sweet sign to let him know everything would be OK. His depression lifted which helped his post-surgery healing so much.
And the peonies have come back each spring since then!
Our loved ones in heaven send us signs! But then I know, you know that!
xo, misha

Susan said...

Donna your flowers are gorgeous!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful flowers!! My roses are just inches high and the full sized ones still need to be pruned. You must have a wonderful view! ♥♫

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Such beautiful flowers! Loving your blog background too -- also a pretty garden!

Betty Lou said...

Your flowers are beautiful---------you must have a green thumb.

ABamaMom said...

So pretty and pink! My peonies have blooms on them, but I'm still waiting for them to open up! Be careful today and tomorrow...looks like we're having some more storms today!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers. The storms have been really bad here. I am tired today due to lack of sleep - storms off and on all night, and they are saying more tonight.

John'aLee said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I LOVE peonies and hope to grow them here in the South when we get situated permanently!

Mama Pea said...

That's neat you have peonies from your mother. It is FINALLY starting to get green here. A few buds and leaves have appeared on a few trees. It is slow coming this year up here.

Tracey said...

What a green thumb you must have! I love peonies too. That is so special for you to still have flowers from your mother's plant!

donna said...

Donna your flowers are beautiful. It has been really windy here I expect we will land in OZ any minute now.
Hugs
donna

Denise said...

My peonies were beautiful but we had two terrible rain storms one right after another and beat them to the ground! Your are beautiful........ I am hoping to move mine this fall..... making a big garden at the end of the yard.....!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love peonies and your pink one is gorgeous!!! Glad you had a nice Easter! Love & blessings from NC!