Friday, April 1, 2011

Quilts in Progress ...

I have so many quilts that I have started and have yet to complete.  Many of them I packed up and put away after Amber went to Heaven and I just didn't want to do anything.  Now I am upacking some of them and here are just a few.
Mariner's Compass
BOM from my local quilt shop.

Another block that goes with the one above.  There are several that goes with this quilt.  It is all about a tea party.
Hand applique by Verna Mosquera ... it's called Amelia's Rose Garden.  I have the overlay bunched up to see the roses.
Overlay back in position ... that's why the little blue dots. 

Sorry about the bad pic ... it is gloomy here this morning.
Jacob's Ladder with machine applique border.  It has been packed away and needs a really good pressing!  I have to finish stitching down the applique.

These are just a few of my WIP's.  I will post more next week.
I am linking up to Susan at Blackberry Creek for the UFO Challenge.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

15 comments:

Linda said...

WoW!! You have some beautiful starts, Donna!! Love the Mariner's Compass!! On my list of must do's some day. Love the applique quilt too!! Really gorgeous!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

It all looks great, Donna. That Mariner's Compass is amazing, and I love the Jacob's ladder quilt.

Hunny Bunny said...

Your Mariner's Compass is awe inspiring; just wow! Your BOM is so cute too. What wonderful projects you have.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So pretty - You are very talented.
I had hoped to take some pictures today, but has been cloudy so far.
Enjoy your weekend.

Ann Marie said...

Well I am glad your back to doing what you love to do, I am sure this is what your daughter would want you to do. Can't wait to see your finished projects in the next few months, I will be watching for them.

donna said...

Donna your blocks are just beautiful. Your quilt is just fabulous. Hope you are haveing a wonderful day.
Hugs
donna

Deb said...

Great job getting started on some UFOs. I've really enjoyed the feeling of completion on the ones I've finished--thanks to Susan's Bust. I hope you have fun with all the sewing.

Bernie said...

Donna these are beautiful, you just have to finish them, they are too beautiful to stay in a box......:-)Hugs

Susan said...

Donna I would love to do quilts. However for me I only have patience for short sewing projects!! Every quilt I have tried I have totally screwed it up. LOL

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I'm so happy that you have got these beauties back out and working on them...hard to pick a favorite...they are all so beautiful...maybe it's the tea party one:) Hope you have a great day my friend.

Blessings,
Linda

Tammy said...

Such pretty UFO's! I like the tea party themed blocks!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, your work is beautiful.

Mama Pea said...

Good to have you joining the UFO challenge! That mariner's compass is really gorgeous, as are your applique projects! I'll be excited to see you progress on those!

Alexandrine said...

Whaouh !!! I m not ready to do a mariner's compas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty Lou said...

Some beautiful blocks, I hope you get back to them. A Mariners Compass is out of my quilting expertise, it is beautiful. Hugs