Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake


I wanted something sweet last week so I went searching for a recipe that was quick and easy.  I reached for the Cake Mix Doctor cookbook and decided to make this simple cake.  I ate a piece of it warm from the oven.  It would be great served with fruit and whipped cream.
Ingredients:
  • 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Bring cream cheese to room temperature.  Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl.  Mix with electric mixer on low for one minute until all combined.  Mix at medium for two minutes.  Bake in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.


I will definitely make this cake again.  It was light tasting, super easy and quick!

Thank you for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

La said...

Hi Donna!

This cake looks and sounds delicious!

Betty Lou said...

Looks so good I can almost smell the almond. Good recipe to make when the quilting bee comes over. Thanks for sharinng, I always need a tried and true recipe. Hugs

Linda said...

Yummy!! That cake looks so good!!! :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds and looks good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Yum! That looks good. I'll have to try this one. I love making (and eating) pound cakes.

Marilyn said...

This sounds divine! I love almond anything. ♥♫

Mama Pea said...

That looks good! Too bad I'm on my diet. :-)

retrorevival.biz said...

Pound cake is my absolute favorite cake! Thanks for sharing this receipe ~ gonna try it:)
~Cindy

Eileen said...

I stumbled on your blog from the Bloggerette Society and I'm so glad I did. The cake looks delicious. And Biltmore is one of my favorite places in the world to visit. I'm your newest follower. :)

donna said...

Your cake looks yummy I am going to have to try the reciepe.
Hugs
donna

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love to bake cakes, so I will certainly give this one a try. I actually baked 2 cakes today for the holiday weekend. Thanks for sharing! Your cake looks so pretty! Love & blessings from NC!