Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Buttons, Buttons, Buttons

I love buttons especially old ones.  I was so surprised when a friend of mine Mary Ann came by yesterday and said she had something from her son Will.  Will was Amber's best friend from high school.  She had lots of friends but Will was the best!  He was the only boy that we would ever let Amber go anywhere with.  He has a special sister and he knew how he it was for Amber and her disability.  I have always thought of Will like a son and like a brother to Amber and Jennifer.  He comes and visits us often.
This is what he sent me.  Buttons galore!!  The large jar is huge!  There are all shapes and sizes of buttons.  Baby ones to large ones that are at least two inches.  His mother said he saw them in an antique shop and he thought of me. 
Needless to say I spent last night looking at buttons!  I will use these in all kinds of projects for sure.
You know it's the little things in life that just make me happy!

Thanks for visiting!
Donna

*Thank you all for your comments and emails about the tornadoes here in Alabama.

10 comments:

Jen said...

What a sweetheart! That's so thoughtful!

Have fun playing with your buttons!

Susan said...

Donna , How thoughtful of Will! Amber must have been really special to him!

Betty Lou said...

What a nice young man to think of you and buying the buttons. I have a lot of my mother-in-laws old buttons, I enjoy just looking at them and wondering who wore the clothes that they came from.

Mama Pea said...

What an absolutely wonderful gift that will keep on giving for a long time! I love buttons...I love using them, but I hate using them, because I love looking at them in the jar! It's hard for me to balance that out. He is a very thoughtful boy. You are surrounded by people who love you, Donna. It does my heart good to know that.

donna said...

That was so sweet of Will. I love buttons too have jars of them. I think of you often living in Alabama. It is so sad what some people are going through. My husband works for the light co. in Houston. I know they sent crews out there to help. My hubby did not get to go on this trip but he hears the storys and brings them home. My prayers are with ya'll.
Hugs
donna

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a thoughtful gift, knowing your love for things like that.
Thanks for stopping by and kind comment.
Have a great day.

Bernie said...

I feel happy knowing Amber had such a wonderful friend as Will, how kind of him to think of you when he saw these button. Hope all is still well, keeping you in my heart and prayers......:-)Hugs

Jen in NY said...

Isn't that sweet?? Will sounds like a fine man. I love buttons too...surprise, surprise! ;-) I would love going through those jars!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

That is awesome Donna! I love old buttons too, but I don't have that many. What treasures you must have found in those jars! Love & blessings from NC!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

He sounds like a very special young man. What a dear.