Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jennifer (Mini Me) Makes Dessert

My mini me, Jennifer has become quite a cook since she was married last year.  She doesn't get to cook every night for dinner due to her work schedule.  She works 13 hour days as a pharmacist - 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.  Long days!!  She does have a couple of days off in the week and this is when she gets a chance to try a recipe.  She has shared some great recipes with me that I have enjoyed cooking and eating!  She becomes more like her mother everyday!! :) 

She made this for us recently and it was yummy!


Chocolate Chip Strawberry Bars


Roll of cookie dough
1- 8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup powder sugar
2 squares of white choc or vanilla almond bark
2 Tbsp of milk
1 cup Cool Whip
Strawberries
1 square of chocolate almond bark

Bake cookie dough in 9x13 pan, let cool. Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Melt 2 squares of white choc or vanilla almond bark in 2 Tbsp of milk....about 40 sec in microwave. Stir it well so all bar is melted. Slowly add to cream cheese mixture while mixing on low speed. Add Cool Whip and stir together well. Spread onto cooled cookie dough. Add sliced fruit to top and then drizzle with the melted chocolate almond bark.

This is really delicious!

I love the saying ... "Mirror mirror on the wall I have become my mother after all". 

I gave Jennifer a pillow one time with this saying and she hid it!  It is so true now!
Now if I could only get her to sew :)

Thanks for visiting!

Donna

 

13 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Ho funny...my mom gave me that same pillow:) This looks sooo yummy...passing it on to my daughters.

Blessings,
Linda

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

That's SO (not ho)...silly me:)

Blessings,
Linda

Bernie said...

Really looks delicious, so glad she is showing how much like her mother she is and before you know it she will be sewing.....:-)Hugs

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Donna,
Oh, your post made me laugh and smile today. It's so cute... Thanks for sharing Jennifer's recipe. It does look good :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Linda said...

Thanks so much for sharing! It looks delicious! I think that looks like a great Memorial Day dessert!

Val said...

Looks incredible!

Betty Lou said...

Your "mini me" can cook and maybe she will learn to sew. My daughter is a great cook but doesn't like anything that involves a needle. Hugs

Jen in NY said...

Wow that looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I bet Jennifer will end up sewing too one day. :-)

Mama Pea said...

Yum. That looks really good. My ex-husband did have one good quality. He thought my mom was just awesome. He always told me, "When you get older, I hope you look and act just like your mom." I'm proud to say that I think I do! She is a great woman! Jennifer is lucky to have you as her role model and mentor!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Does this look wonderful or what? I'm going to have to make this for a "Monday Treat" at the office.

John'aLee said...

YUM! That looks so good.
And guess what...this is the first time I've heard that saying!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Looks seriously yummy.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Thanks for sharing Jennifer's recipe. It looks delicious! I love trying new recipes! I'm going to make this for my Bible study gals. It is amazing how we become like our Mothers over time. Love & blessings from NC!