Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Butterfly in the Ballpark ...

I couldn't get anywhere with blogger issues last week so I just gave up on posting.  Everything seems to be back up and running smoothly now ... thank goodness!

We spent Memorial Day at the ballpark and it was very hot!
Amber was a huge fan of the Atlanta Braves.  She began watching baseball as a teenager just to pass the time in the summer.  We have been to many games at Turner Field in Atlanta over the years, but it just isn't the same without Amber.
I came across a photo album the other day of Amber when she met some of her favorite players.  She was so excited that day in May when we went to the Braves Clubhouse where many people never get to go.  She had the biggest smile on her face when she met Chipper Jones ... her favorite player.  I will always cherish the memories.
The strangest thing happened while we were watching the ballgame.  Amber always loved butterflies.  (I try to keep a butterfly in her vase of flowers and she has one engraved in her headstone.)  I was thinking about her when out of the blue a butterfly flew right in front of us in the middle of this huge stadium with no flowers around.  I asked Jennifer if she saw the butterfly and of course she did too.  It was like Amber was sending us a message that she was there with us :)  I know she is always watching over us!  We miss that sassy gal!
Here's the two of us sitting in the huge adirondack chairs at the top of the stadium overlooking Atlanta.  We had room for a couple of more people ... huge chairs!  I look huge beside Jennifer a size 0!  We had a great time even though they lost. 
Actually that is something I have never shared with people who read my blog.  I always watch the Braves on television when they are playing.  It's just something Amber passed on to me :)

Have a good day!
Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

Cindy said...

I have never been much of a baseball fan..my dad played in the minors..so you think I would of been involved..but after he was injured..it was a big no no at our home..sad! I have attened some of the Texas Rangers games when I lived in Dallas..I did like it.And now my little grandsons are playing t-ball with more games in the future..lol

That is awesome about the butterfly..God seems to give us just what we need sometimes.For me it is the fragrance of coconut..I will smell it at the wierdest places..this reminds me of my Mema (who was like my mama) I just smell it..close my eyes and remember all the cooking of the pies we use to do every weeekend.I get such a peace that comes over me!!
I don't think you look big next to your daughter..girl you are tiny!!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Marilyn said...

Great message from Amber! I remember the last game Wally and I went to in Denver. It was so cold that I went to the car before the game was over. Pretty soon Sarah called and said she and her daddy were ready for me to drive around to pick them up as they were cold, also. I still find nails and know Wally's leaving me messages. ♥♫

Linda said...

What a wonderful story! Yes, I believe it WAS a butterfly sent by your Angel!

Those chairs are huge! Lol!

Betty Lou said...

Hubby and I are huge Rangers fans--------watch every game on tv and tape any other shows. Your angel sent you that butterfly. Hugs

Miriam said...

That butterfly story is beautiful! I am sure Amber sent you and Jennifer that butterfly.

You both look very relaxed there on those chairs.

Thelma said...

It's great to see a picture of you and Jennifer together and happy. Out of all the sporting events my husband drags me to, baseball is my least favorite, but then a butterfly has never stopped by to say Hi while I was at a park. What a wonderful story.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a wonderful story...glad that you are still going to the games:) Cute pic of y'all!

Blessings,
Linda

retrorevival.biz said...

Beautiful expereince, Donna. Reminds me of what Nathaniel Hawthorne said, "Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
With a smile,
Cindy

Jen in NY said...

I am so happy that you got such a nice sign from Amber at the ballgame. That must feel so good. I went to many NY Mets games growing up, with my dad and my sisters. It was fun, and I still see them when I can (although in a new stadium). You do NOT look huge next to Jennifer! You look beautiful, both of you! xo Jen

Mama Pea said...

What a neat thing to see that butterfly. It really touches me. And you do NOT look huge next to Jennifer! You are both beautiful! Glad you had fun and cherished some good memories.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, I love your story about the butterfly. I do believe that God sends us "signs" at times when we really need them. So glad that you still enjoy baseball. I'm sure it makes you feel close to Amber. I know what you mean about Jennifer. Adelaide is a size 0 too! But don't worry, you look great Donna! 2 pretty ladies!!! Love & blessings from NC!