Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Raining!!

As I type this I hear rain pouring down outside the windows and thunder in the distance ... just good old fashioned rain.  We have needed rain for weeks!  The heat and humidity has been about unbearable for me with pulmonary fibrosis.  I have kept my inhaler close by!  Thank the Lord for the much needed rain!  I have watered and watered our vegetable garden and tried to keep my flowers alive during the heat wave.

Here's Honey my little watering buddy!  I have to drag the hose around her!  Where we live in the country we are not lucky enough to have a sprinkler system :)  You know I am a country girl!

Here are some of the flowers I have tried to keep alive.
Love this lily ...
An old tea kettle filled with impatiens.  Hopefully it will be full of blooms with the rain.
A kitty sitting on a fence post in the backyard.  I love animals!  They can bring a smile to my face when nothing else can :)

Now that I don't have to water this evening I am going in my sewing room and hopefully do a little sewing.  I haven't touched my sewing machine in a couple of weeks!

Thanks for visiting!
Donna


18 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Awww! Look at Honeys sweet face. :) I would like to get a kitty again, but my allergies have gotten so bad. Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers. We got a little shower midday and temp at 79 now - so got a break in the heat also.
Enjoy your evening.

Linda said...

Honey looks so sweet! How nice to have such a good helper! Flowers are beautiful!

misha said...

Oh, my! Donna that is the sweetest puppy face ever! What a yard buddy :) And the kitty? Purrfectly adorable!
You be careful out in that heat, Miss Donna!
Love ya :)
xo, misha

Susan said...

Buddy is adorable!

Betty Lou said...

We had rain last night, it was wonderful. Hopefully we will get some more tonight. Pray for rain to put the fires out all over the country.

Betty Lou said...

We had rain last night, it was wonderful. Hopefully we will get some more tonight. Pray for rain to put the fires out all over the country.

La said...

We've had tons of rain here in Ohio. So much so that the farmers could not plant corn this year. It is the year of extreme weather conditions.

Love your new look

Nancy said...

love that tea kettle!!!! and the cat on the post...how adorable!!! Nancy

donna said...

Donna you lucky girl we have wanted rain here for a while. The wheather man says maybe tomorrow. I just love your fur baby. And all of your flowers esp. the old tea pot.
Hugs,
donna

Bernie said...

So glad you got rain today, this should help you to feel better. Your flowers are so pretty and so is Honey. Enjoy the moisture...:-)Hugs

retrorevival.biz said...

Donna, don't think I realized you live on a farm until I read this post. We do too, with no sprinkler system. Isn't it a pain, dragging hoses all over ~ ugh! And we share something else too ~ my little beagle is my farm "assistant!"

Happy you're getting rain. Love your tea pot planter.

With a smile,
~Cindy

Marilyn said...

Love that tea kettle-I had one once upon a time and when we moved I think it went missing. I, too, move a rubber hose. Wally used to fix the sprinkler system, but when he was so sick he just couldn't do it anymore. He could fix anything...sure miss him. ♥♫

Thelma said...

Just stopping by to say "hi" and see how your summer's going, I see it's going the same as mine, hot and doing everything but spending time in my sewing room!

Jen in NY said...

We got some rain too, very much appreciated! Your flowers are so pretty...I love the teakettle! Your puppy is adorable, and the cat on the post is too funny!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That Honey is too cute! He must love to romp about while you do the watering.

Mama Pea said...

Sheesh. We got nothing BUT rain for 2 to 3 months, here! It has finally turned to summer, however, just in the past couple of weeks!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

We have had some rain recently too. Honey is adorable. Love that sweet face. And the cat sitting on the post is such a cute picture! Your flowers are so pretty. That lilly is gorgeous. Lauren carried lillies in her wedding bouquet. In case you haven't noticed, I am catching up on your blog posts. I am behind on everything around here, but hey, the summer has been great so far. Hope you have a nice 4th weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I got carried away with the "l's" in lily. Sorry, I can't spell tonight. Love & blessings from NC!