Monday, June 13, 2011

Two Dollar Table

Another one of our neighbors passed away a few months ago and her daughters held an estate sale.  They had pulled a few items out from under her house.  A plastic wicker looking table that was white and dirty caught my attention.  I  looked it over and saw that it was well made just needed a good washing.  I asked how much they wanted for it and said $2.  After I paid for it one of the daughters asked me what I was going to do with the table.  I told them I was going to clean it up and paint it.  They said they wished they had thought of it.  I had been looking for something just like it.
Here is my little table with a couple of coats of blue paint.  My husband had already cleaned it up and spray painted it before I could take a before picture!  Sweet hubby I have :) 
This is why I wanted blue ... I placed it between my two red chairs with bright pots on top.  My back yard is where I spend my time when I am outside.  You can see my gardening angel in the background with sunflower stakes.
The weather has been just about unbearable here and we wish for rain. I am barely keeping my flowers and plants alive with lots of water. 
This little sunflower watering can is not hardly big enough for all the water I need for my flowers!

Thanks for visiting!

Donna


I am linking up to Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT.

12 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice find! A little paint does wonders. :)
We had a line of storms roll thru this afternoon with torrential rains and bad winds. I will have to clean up the courtyard - again. Lost power for a little over an hour.

Betty Lou said...

You do have a way with transforming something old into something beautiful. Looks like it belongs in your garden. I think we are all in for a long hot summer.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome find Donna...lovin' that color and thanks for coming to my NTT party. We got some rain today...hope you get some soon.

Blessings,
Linda

Cathy said...

Donna
Thought you might like to know that your table was sold by Home Interiors many years ago. I was a distrubtor in the early 70's and still have mine. Mine have been many colors and will be a barn red in a few days. They are great for outside.

Cathy's cupboard Calamity

Bernie said...

Love your little table and it looks great between the red chairs.....great fine....Hugs

Jen in NY said...

That table is cuter than cute! I love Cathy's post above about its history too. You always do the nicest projects. :-)

ABamaMom said...

That's so...so...so cute! Love the red and blue!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I LOVE that blue! It looks so fabulous with the red chairs and the pretty plants. You have a good eye!

Happy Anniversary to Jennifer and husband (his name escapes me right now, sorry)!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love the little blue table. It looks great with your red chairs. Very summery and cottagey.

retrorevival.biz said...

Nice job reviving the table, Donna; love the brilliant blue. And your flower can is too cute! I collect antique, Dutch watering cans but don't use them (like yours, they just don't hold enough water) to water and instead they decorate our porches.

Doing a mental rain dance and hoping it showers upon you soon:)

~Cindy

Mama Pea said...

There you go doing it again! :-)

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, that table is amazing! Such a great find and I love that blue color!!! Your back yard area looks so inviting! Such a great place to sit and relax! Sorry your weather has been so hot! Love & blessings from NC!