Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thank You!

Thank you for your comments and emails the past few days!  I appreciate them all so much :)  Amber continues to live on in our hearts and always will!

Amber's best friend Will came to visit and brought food. He is so kind and he can cook!  He came before lunch and brought quiche, homemade banana nut muffins and fruit salad.  Oh it was so good!
We later went to the cemetery and released balloons ... of course they were purple!  We watched them float into the beautiful blue sky!  Jennifer had to work all weekend so she couldn't be with us. 

Of course we tied balloons to her vase of flowers!   The wind was really blowing them in all directions.
Sunflowers will go in her vase for her birthday :)  You all know she loved sunflowers!

Will and his family sent us this beautiful vase of flowers the day before ... aren't they gorgeous!  His dad was the pastor who baptized Amber and Jennifer, officiated at Amber's funeral and married Jennifer and Jeremy.  We have quite a connection.  Will's mother and I are very good friends also.

Had to have a closeup of the roses.  They are a lavender color and gorgeous!

I promise my next post will be more upbeat.  I have been working all day on putting my room back together that we have updated.  I am trying to decide whether to paint a couple of older pieces of furniture.  Gotta keep my mind busy!

Hugs,
Donna

10 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

(((hugs))) !!

Marilyn said...

I know there have been lots of tears recently, but the love of your friends will continue to Bless You and honor Amber's memory. Beautiful flowers for a beautiful child. ♥♫

Bernie said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate Amber's life, and Will sounds like such a wonderful friend as well as his family. Sending big hugs and prayers......:-)

Betty Lou said...

A lovely post, I am sure that it was a difficult day but also a celebration of Amber's life. Anxious to see the new room, like you new background

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I know the day was bittersweet Donna, but it sounds like you all celebrated Amber's life in a very special way! And you are blessed to have such awesome friends, who truly care about you! So glad that you have Will's family to share your memories with and that they are still such a wonderful part of your life. Can't wait to see what you have been up to. Love & blessings from NC!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, your last two posts have been extremely personal; thank you for sharing. I'm glad you have the assurance of Heave with her one day.

Don't ever disconnect her DVR.

Rettabug said...

What a wonderfully poignant post to honor Amber!
Her flowers & balloons were just perfect.
I know you must miss her every single day.

{{{HUGS}}}
Rett

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I've beeen thinking of you a lot lately, Donna. I love the way you all honored Amber. Second anniversary of my Vann's passing coming up. I can't believe it has been two years. I know you feel the same way about Amber. Blessings to you, dear friend.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Donna, I remember when I first found your blog and Amber had not passed long before. It doesn't seem like it's been two years. I think it is wonderful how you have brought Amber to us and we all think of her now. What a wonderful way to remember someone so special.

Hugs,
Janelle

Mama Pea said...

Ditto Sweet Bee Cottage. I feel like I know Amber from all your posts. What a legacy that gives her!