Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wet Paint!

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks working on a room in our house that is the last room to be updated.  Let's just say after this room I do not want to makeover any more rooms for a very long time!
Chair rail with a new coat of paint.  I love this chair rail with the detail.  I have the same kind in my dining room. 
The walls have been painted and crown molding has been installed by my hubby and his assistant .... ME!  
Yesterday and today we have been installing hardwood flooring and my body just aches all over!  I am feeling so old at this very moment! LOL  Hopefully tomorrow we will be finished with the flooring.
 I can't wait until I have this room finished and get my dining room back in order.  We call this room we are redoing our piano room for lack of a better name.  It does have the piano in it that I played as a young girl!   There is no television, no phone jack and no computer area!  Just a room to go to for quiet time.  This room is all about ME!!!

I have a couple of chairs that were my mothers that I want to have upholstered and then there are drapes to make and pillows to make and the list goes on!!!
Sorry I haven't had time to respond to many comments and visiting other blogs!  I just want this room done!!
Now I am curling up with my heating pad on my back and going to bed!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna



9 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Bless you heart, that is a lot of work, but the room will be beautiful.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Bless your heart, Donna! It is a lot of work, isn't it!
But, I think your "me" room is gonna be worth it! Cannot wait to see it!
xo, misha

Kerrie said...

Good for you! I hope you get much enjoyment from your "me" room! Hugs, K

retrorevival.biz said...

Hahaha! I think we all say the same thing but end up redoing another room! Looking forward to seeing the lovely results. In the meantime, hope you're feeling more energetic today:)

~Cindy

Jen in NY said...

Your chair rail is beautiful Donna! I'm sure it's going to be a gorgeous room, you have beautiful taste! Hope the heating pad helps...you're a good assistant! :-) Jen

Linda said...

Rest and relax!! Paint job looks beautiful! There is nothing like the looks and smell of fresh paint!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

If I got done and worked on a floor, I would be unable to move for weeks. :D That is a pretty chair rail. Looking forward to seeing the redo.
Enjoy your weekend.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You have been a busy gal! And what gorgeous molding. I can't wait to see what you do to this room. My best friend (who lost her son) has a room like this and she has all her things in that room that are dear to her (her collectibles). She goes in there to sit and relax. Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

That chair rail is so beautiful. We have so much work to do on our house. It is back breaking work. We did so much last year, I think we just haven't had it in us to tackle it this summer. We've made no progress....