Friday, August 5, 2011

Old Sheets ...What Was I Thinking?

After joining Pinterest and seeing quilts made from sheets from the 70's and older ...I thought I have some of the same sheets!  We had used them for dropclothes for painting!  Just a few weeks ago I used them for covering the piano and furniture while we painted a room. What was I thinking? 
Found on Pinterest
This one is from Pinterest too.  See what I am talking about?  I never would have thought in a million years I would want to make a quilt from old sheets!
After doing a quick look in my linen closet I found these sheets.  I even have the pillow cases to match.
 I know I have more in the basement and another closet.  My aunt says she has some too and I could have them.  I never knew I could get so excited over old sheets!  LOL
Now I am on a mission .... looking for old sheets!
Sorry I didn't press this one ... forgive the wrinkles.  It is a sheet I used on my girls baby bed :)  I adore it and I know I have more packed away. 
I know what I am doing this weekend ... searching my house for old sheets!  My husband will really think I have lost my mind!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

12 comments:

Susan said...

Donna I don't blame you for being excited!! They are gorgeous sheets!

Cindy said...

I just left Goodwill about an hour ago and yes I was looking for those sheets...lol

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I remember sheets like that. :D I would have never thought to make quilts from them - good idea.
Enjoy your weekend.

donna said...

Donna I would of never thought of using old sheets what a great idea. We had a yard sale last summer and I sold my sons old sheets darn it they would of made a cute childrens quilt. Good luck with your mison.
Hugs
donna

BeachGypsy said...

I think those old vintage sheets will make colorful, cheery and CHARMING QUILTS!! Post pictures when you make one okay?

Marilyn said...

We girls can lose our minds over and over, and we still have a great bit of brain left over. Maybe it replenishes itself while we sleep.♥♫

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pretty designs of the old sheets! Who knew they would come back in style! I've used mine for everything under the sun, too! lol ♥

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh yeah, baby! I'm right there with you! Wait till you see where I found several vintage sheets. I'll be posting about it soon.

Happy Birthday to your daughter too. I can't imagine Baby Bee turning 30 but then I can't believe she's going into 5th grade and she'll turn 11 in Feb. Your daughter is beautiful!

erin said...

i love this idea! but it is sad that we are old enough to own "vintage" items. ha ha

Michelle said...

Isn't it funny how the value of sheets is totally in the eyes of the beholder? When my grandma was still running her antique mall, she'd save me the sheets that people had used to wrap furniture in and were going to throw out.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love to see old things re-purposed and this idea with old sheets is wonderful. Those sheet patterns really bring back memories from days gone by. Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

I never have sheets on hand that are that old. We seem to wear them out, use them for painting, and ruin them. So, they are gone from my house! LOL.