Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tessellating Pinwheels Quilt Top

This is a quilt top I made a couple of years ago and it was fun to make to see how it would look when completed.  You begin by making a quilt top with square blocks sewn together and once the quilt top is sewn you use a template and cut it up ... the entire quilt!  Then you take those quilt blocks sew them together to make the pinwheels and this is the result. 

It was fun to make!  I used Thimbleberry fabrics I had left over from projects so it is a scrap quilt! 
My friend Donna of Donna's Lavender Nest  just sent me a large box of Thimbleberry fabrics!  Now I know what I will do with the pieces she sent me! ... Thank you Donna!

The quilt top above is the size of a perfect table topper.  It would be great for Fall!

Speaking of Fall ... I am so ready!  The days feel like there is Fall in the air with slightly cooler temps!  I am ready for cooler and less humid weather!

Thanks for stopping to visit!
Hugs,
Donna

10 comments:

erin said...

beautiful quilt donna! i am glad to see that you have been busy creating!
i am so ready for fall too! it does feel slightly cooler.......
erin
xxoo

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This quilt pattern is all the rage over here! We call it Twister. Yours is really nice.

Marilyn said...

Sew it all together and then cut it up??? That just sounds funny to me today! I think this school year is going to be a challenge because we are down one staff position and it sure did make a mess of the schedule. Budget crisis=pain. I need to have my sewing machine fixed as I did not enjoy sewing with Sarah's this summer.♥♫

Miriam said...

What a great pattern! It looks quite difficult to make, but your explanation showed it really isn't that difficult at all!
Love those fabrics!

Betty Lou said...

Cute quilt--------is that the Little Twister? Looks like fun, buy fabric, cut it it, make a quilt and cut it up. Do you think we like to cut fabric?

Betty Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

Donna you are so very welcome. I love your quilt top. The concept of making it seems really neat. I would love to learn more.
Hugs
donna

Jen in NY said...

What a pretty quilt! It looks perfect for fall, that will make a lovely table topper! Your blog background is so cute too...love the country roosters! :-) xo Jen

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love those patterns where you cut them up and then sew how your design turns out. Love the fabrics and the tesselation table topper. It is awesome!!! And yes, I can't believe how fast August is going by. Fall will be here before we know it. We have had cooler temps recently, so that is a pleasure. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

I had to really look at how the block was constructed for this. A pretty simple block, but oh, so effective! Nicely done!