Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall is Finally Here!

First  ... let me thank you for the comments on the bench and cedar chest we painted in an earlier post this week.  It took me forever to decide to paint the pieces and I am so glad I did!  Life is too short to not be surrounded by things you really like.  So why not get out the paint!   We had our master bedroom furniture painted in the same color a couple of years ago.  I will share it with you in an upcoming post.  I am trying to find "before" pics! 
________________________________________________

I am so glad Fall is here!  It's my favorite season with the cooler days, less humidity and the changing  colors of leaves on the trees. 
Decorating the house with the oranges, reds and golds of the season makes it more welcoming and cozy. 
This is what I am planning to do this weekend ... buy pumpkins!
If only I had a red truck like this to fill with pumpkins!  I adore this little red truck I bought several years ago at Hobby Lobby.  It's just the little things in life that can bring a smile to my face :)  I put a Christmas tree in it for Christmas and I thought why not get it out and put pumpkins in it for Fall.
And my sweet little girl with her denim dress.  Isn't she the cutest with her sunflower and harvest basket full.  Love the sunflower!
Jennifer is coming home tomorrow and we really are buying pumpkins to decorate the front porch and who knows what else we might get into!   I love having her home if even just for a few hours. 
If only we had an old red truck to jump into and fill with pumpkins!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Donna


9 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoy your time with your daughter and your weekend.

Susan said...

Donna, I love your little red truck! I would leave it out all year!! Enjoy your time with your daughter!

Betty Lou said...

Your little red truck is so cute, have a great day with Jennifer

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Love the little red truck! And Hobby Lobby is my fave shopping destination!
It finally cooled off here after another week of hot and humid. Hooray!
Have a lovely weekend :)
xo, misha

donna said...

Donna your little red truck is so cute. Maybe I should try and find one. It is so funny one of my friends and I where just talking about how neat it would be to have an old truck. I know how you feel it does feel good when our kids come home for a visit.
Hugs
donna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a darling red truck! Have fun on your pumpkin hunt.

Jen in NY said...

Oh that truck is too cute! What a great idea to fill it with pumpkins. The girl is adorable too! Hope you had a wonderful time with Jennifer! xo Jen

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Hop over and see who got featured at NTT!!! Now that little red truck is just too cute!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, everything is always so cute when you show how you decorate! I love your inspiration.