Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quilt Blocks for a Fallen Soldier's Family

Everyone who reads my blog knows about my precious Amber and my journey since she went to Heaven two years ago. 
I know how it feels to lose a loved one and so many of you have helped me with comments, sent me notes in the mail or emails saying they are praying for me and my family.

One of sweet blogging friends, John'aLee (that I have actually met) just lost her soon to be son-in-law serving our country a couple of weeks ago.   She is going to make quilts for the family and is asking for quilt blocks.  Please go here to read her story.  It will touch your heart. 
John'aLee even dedicated a quilt block to Amber in her latest quilt called "Sunshine in the Shadows".  It has a sunflower :)
John'aLee emailed me the other day and said she never thought she would be trying to find "sunshine in the shadows".  It breaks my heart.

I went yesterday and bought fabric to make blocks for the quilts and will be making them this weekend.  Even if you don't quilt just go to her blog and let her know you are thinking about her and her family. 

Thank you!

Hugs,
Donna

6 comments:

Barb @ GritsandGlamour said...

God bless this American hero. As the wife of a Marine and mother of a Soldier, I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child... no matter what the circumstances. This is such a kind gesture. Sorry I don't quilt.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Thanks for the link, Donna. I'm going to try to get her a block done tomorrow.

Betty Lou said...

Very touching post Donna. I will go check her site out, such a wonderful thing for JohnaLee
to do in memory of fine young man. God Bless our Armed Forces.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

You are the sweetest thing, Donna! I know Amber was at the gate when he arrived as part of the welcoming committee..and wearing her purple tennies!
xo, misha

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, you are such a beautiful person.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I sure will:)

Blessings,
Linda