Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This and That


I can't believe I haven't posted in nearly a week.  Today I am getting some of my Fall decorations out for the season.  I love Fall and all the colors ... especially the Jim Shore figurine in the pic above.  There is so much detail in his pieces.

It sure feels like Fall here today!  It is in the 50's!  We went from the 100's to the 50's just over the weekend.  TS Lee came through here over the weekend and brought needed rain to this area.  The rain along with the high winds kept us inside the last two days.  No Labor Day party around here ... unless you had a boat and wanted to go floating in the pastures.  I just picked everything up off our front porch that the wind blew down.  There was nothing left standing.  We were lucky that we didn't lose power.

My husband and I did celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary on Friday.  It doesn't seem like 34 years at times and then again it seems longer :)  I have the most caring and loving husband a wife could ask for ... he is a keeper for sure!  And he is a wonderful daddy as well.

Well I have got to go add potatoes and carrots to a pot of stew I have cooking.  It smells yummy!

Hugs,
Donna

6 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Happy Belated Anniversary Donna!

We've been getting soaked too.
So glad to hear you didn't loose power, it looked really bad your way on the news.

Your Fall piece looks beautiful!

Marilyn said...

MMM...stew sounds delicious. Cooler here, too, and I had to find a blanket the other night because I was cold! May you celebrate many more years together.♥♫

Susan said...

Donna, I can smell your stew from Myrtle Beach!! smells yummy!! LOL. I did some fall decorating last night!! Have a good week!

Linda said...

Stew sounds so good!!! It's cooled off a ton here too. Stew weather! Happy Anniversary!!! I'm in the process of fall decorating too. Lots to do!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Congrats on your anniversary Donna! That sounds really good...stew:)

Blessings,
Linda

Miriam said...

Happy anniversary to you and your DH, Donna. It is our 34th in December.