Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall in the Kitchen

We have had beautiful weather here in the South.  Although it is partly cloudy here today we've had the most gorgous blue skies the last few days.

I packed up my summer items for the kitchen and added some Fall touches to my kitchen countertops.
I just filled my Butler's Pantry pitcher with sunflowers, changed out the plate to a pumpkin one and added the cloches.

Little cloche filled with tiny pumpkins and sunflowers.

I had some orange gingham ribbon and tied around the tops ...

On the other side of the kitchen I have a sunflower plate, soup tureen and a teapot for Fall.
And my little turkey sitting on a pumpkin.
Thanksgiving will be here soon! 

My MIL recently moved into an assisted living facility and she gave my husband a set of these luncheon plates and cups.  My hubby knew I would like them.  Believe me he could care less!  Dishes are not his thing :)  She said they came in washing detergent years ago.  I did some research online but no luck so far.
If you have any idea what brand or where they did come from I would love to know.  She's had them for years.  I am going to display them in my kitchen hutch.

That's it for today.  I have been trying to sew but have been sick the last few days.  It's funny how you go to the doctor, get an antibiotic and it makes you sicker ... UGH!
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

Edited:  Another blogger friend emailed me and let me know the dishes are thumbprint glass.  Thanks Debbie! 

I am joining Marty's Table Top Tuesday.  She always has the most gorgeous vignettes.

12 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Weather has been beautiful here also. Enjoyed seeing your pretty Fall decor. Sorry - No help on the dishes. I have several pieces of the emerald green dishes that came in boxes of oats many years ago.
Sorry your are under the weather - hope you feel better soon.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Looking like FALL at your nest and looking good too:) Sure hope you start feeling better.

Blessings,
Linda

Susan said...

Donna I hope you get to feeling better soon!! I love all your fall decorations. You have a beautiful home.
Amber would be proud of me. I have Sunflowers in spots around my home!! When I was placing them around I thought of your daughter.

Shug said...

Hi Donna...
I'm dropping by from Marty's TTT. The very first thing I noticed was the picture of your daughter...What a precious way of sharing her life and her memory with others..

You have a cute place here. Love the cloches and all the bright colors..Glad I stopped by your place..Hope you'll have time to drop by for a visit..
Blessings
Shug

donna said...

Your decorations are beautiful. I have three smaller plates just like that. But I never knew where they came from.
Hugs
donna

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, I love your fall decorations. So pretty! I'm so sorry you are sick. If you contact Replacements Limited online, they can let you know the name of your mystery dishes. It is an amazing company! People shop there from all over the world, looking for china, crystal and silver that is no longer available in stores. Hope you feel better! Love & blessings from NC!

Miriam said...

Lovely decorating.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

charice ford said...

Two of the most important parts of making concrete kitchen countertops is the polishing and then the sealer that is put on.

retrorevival.biz said...

Your fall decorations are beautiful, Donna, and I especially like your pretty cloches.

It's funny, here in Florida, we define fall as a little less humidity and the temps have fallen from the 90's to the mid-80's ~ heavenly! Hahaha! It's put me in an autumnal mood too ~ decorated myself a couple of days ago:)

Hope you're feeling better, sweet lady:)

~Cindy

Linda said...

Gosh, I just love your decorations! Especially, the way you have them grouped together and displayed!

Jen in NY said...

Donna, I love how you decorate cloches. The tiny pumpkins, leaves and sunflowers are perfect. The dishes are so pretty, I hope you can find out where they came from! xo Jen

Michele Smith said...

Hi Donna
I saw your blog name on Coastal Charm and popped right over.
I love your fall touches!
I am your newest follower!