Friday, October 21, 2011

The Forgotten Quilt ...


It's been a week since I posted.  I have been the sickest I have been in years ... ugh!  I've had an upper respiratory infection and hopefully I am now on the mend! 

Last week before I began feeling bad I found these Christmas quilt blocks that I began in 2007!  It was a block of the month from my local quilt shop.  I had it all packed away with about twenty more smaller blocks.
I took just a few pictures of the bigger blocks.

I now have the instructions in front of me on how to finish it.  The center block has an appliqued Christmas tree block that I hadn't started.  I know I won't have it completed by Christmas but hey at least I found it! :)

Maybe I will feel like sewing this weekend. 

I am now going to try to catch up on my blog reading!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

Linda said...

What a find Donna!!! Those blocks are gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see them all together!

Susan said...

Donna sorry you have been sick! I am sure your quilt will turn out gorgeous!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love these blocks. Glad you found it and hope you feel better soon!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Those are pretty! Sorry your have been under the weather.
Enjoy your weekend.

Pat said...

Sorry you haven't felt well. Your blocks are beautiful and also a great find...almost like an early Christmas present.Take care.

Miriam said...

Sorry to hear you have been so unwell Donna. I hope you recover completely very quickly.

Those blocks are beautiful! I hope you are having a lovely weekend sewing them together.

Take care.

Thelma said...

Those blocks are amazing, I hope you finish this quilt sometime! Take care!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Donna, I was getting ready to email you and ask if everything was OK!
I am so sorry to hear to hear your illness :(
But, glad to know you are on the mend!

What a gorgeous quilt that will be! I cannot wait to see the finished beauty :)
Blessings to you friend!
xo, misha

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Sorry you have been sick; there is a lot of junk floating around up here, and my husband is now sick. Glad you are doing better.

I love these blocks. Isn't it hilarious to find a treasure like this? Sometimes I think I could open a shop when I go hunting in my sewing room for something.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your visit Donna -- so sorry you've been under the weather. Our grandtwins have had a cough and cold as well as our daughter. Hope you're fit and fine soon.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Donna.
Hope you feel better this week!
Your quilt blocks are beautiful. I love the colors. I miss sewing. Sometimes I feel Iike just putting all my other craft stuff in a big box and just forget about it.
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Hugs, Sharon