Sunday, November 6, 2011

Book Review ... Longing

I was honored to be chosen to do a book review for my favorite Christian author ... Karen Kingsbury.  Amber got me hooked on her books years ago.  We have every book she has written.  Believe me after you read one of Karen's books you can't wait for the next one! 

Longing is part of a series of books that she has written over the years.  I received the book from her office on Thursday and read it in two days.  I just couldn't put it down!  Now I have to wait until March of 2012 for the release of the next and final book in this series.  If you are looking for a good read you can go to karenkingsbury.com and see a list of all her books.  She is a true Christian woman that has a God given talent for writing.

She was always so kind to Amber and spoke about Amber at the last EWomen's conference Jennifer and I attended.  Needless to say we were both in tears.   I posted about Amber and Karen in this post

I emailed Karen's office to see if I could share her book on my blog and of course she said yes!  It will be in stores on November 22.  If you are looking for good wholesome books just read one of Karen's and you will be like me waiting on the next one!

Blessings,
Donna



 


2 comments:

Stitched With Prayer said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm always on the lookout for good Christian fiction. I have been reading Marie Bostwick's "Cobbled Court" series. I really enjoyed the one I read and I'm part way through another, but I set it aside when I decided I wanted to read them in the order they were published, even though each is actually a stand alone novel, there are recurring characters in them. There are four in the series now and though they are classified as Contemporary Womens fiction and revolve around some ladies that are drawn together by quilting and other forms of creativity, but go well beyond that and I have found them to be very faith oriented. I just ordered the first one "A Single Thread". I'm hoping it gets here soon. Thanks again for the recommendation. Hugs...

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I often look at her books when I'm in the library to see if there is something new. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Between you and me, I don't like it when authors write a book where the ending is in a book that will be released 'next year.' So often I forget to pick up the new release or forget the relationship of the characters.