Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Ours was very low key this year.  I cooked and we ate well.  I even learned to use my husband's electric smoker to smoke the turkey!  Only out of necessity. 
My mother-in-law has not been doing well the last few months.  To make a long story short we got a call early Thanksgiving morning that she was sick and was being taken from assisted living to the hospital.  She is 85 years old and has lived a blessed life with five children.  Needless to say my sweet husband spent most of Thanksgiving with his mother.  He came home to share our meal with our little family.  Jennifer, her husband and I spent Thanksgiving night visiting "Granny".
I am just so thankful for the wonderful man I have been married to for thirty-four years.  As I sit here tonight he is at the hospital sitting with her.  Sweet man!

Now I am going to try to decorate for Christmas.  My Christmas angel is the first thing I bring out for the holidays every year.  I have had her for years ...Jennifer bought her for me.  An angel bought an angel!

I give thanks for the readers who read my blog and the wonderful friends I have made in the last couple of years.

I am trying to update my blog with the help of a sweet friend I met through blogging.   Didn't she make the cutest header!  I will tell who she is when I make sure she approves!  Just want to get her okay :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Donna 


12 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Donna,

What a sweet hubby you have!!!! I'll be keeping your mother-in-law in my prayers!!!

I love your angel decoration. I'll bring out my Christmas ornaments on December 1st :)

Have a good weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Your sweet hubby has a wonderful wife.. I too will keep you MIL in my prayers.

Your Christmas is getting off to a wonderful start..

xoxo
Sonny

Denise said...

I love love love your Christmas angel! Really love her..... Need to make one my self........ I will pray for your MIL...... I will pray for your sweet husband..... it is hard to watch a little momma fade away.......... :) have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.....

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your angel is so sweet! We will pray for your husband, your MIL, and all of your family.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Donna, I DO love your new header!!! I noticed it as soon as I popped into your blog. Your Thanksgiving was I'm sure a day of mixed emotions. I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so, including your sweet hubby and your MIL. I am also blessed with a wonderful hubby (43 years) and I don't know what I did to deserve him but so glad I did. Your Christmas Angel is so beautiful. Please let me know how everything is going. Big Hugs...

Betty Lou said...

My prayers are with your mother-in-law for her recovery Love the new header, first thing I noticed when I clicked on your blog.

Bernie said...

Praying for your mother in law and I agree with the others, you do have a sweet husband. Now I need to get some of your energy and start decorating for Christmas. Sending big hugs, xo

Marilyn said...

Life is never predictable, as we know. Prayers for your family and MIL.

Your new look is wonderful. Maybe over the Christmas break I'll work on mine, but now I need to be busy on the decorations so I can walk around without fear of tripping on things.♥♫

Susan said...

Donna, I am in prayer for your family!1 I love the new look of your blog!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry to hear your MIL is not doing well.
Like your new blog look !!
We had our big meal yesterday - delayed due to other obligations, and it all worked out just fine. Everyone just left out a bit ago. May decorate a bit later today (maybe).

Jen in NY said...

Donna, I adore that angel! You and Jennifer have great taste! I'm sorry about your husband's mother, and on Thanksgiving no less. I hope everything works out ok. xo Jen

Mama Pea said...

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL, and from more recent posts, it sounds like she is still sick. I hope she gets stronger soon. Thinking of you.