Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

 
The holidays were changed forever for my little family when Amber went to Heaven.  We will always miss her at our Thanksgiving table. 
Our last Thanksgiving with her we spent in Nashville for "A Country Christmas".  I have so many pictures from those few days that I look at often.  Pictures of her and Jennifer ... always my little girls in my heart. 
Of course when we came home from Nashville I cooked Thanksgiving lunch on Friday.  She would always request "mommy made" macaroni and cheese ... made from scratch!  She always called it "mommy made".  Nothing out of the box for her.  It reminds me of the night we took her to the hospital.  That day for lunch I had made "mommy made" mac and cheese :)  What memories my heart holds and forever will.  My little family will never be the same.

Today would have been my mother's 80th birthday.  I can only imagine the Thanksgiving celebration in Heaven with Amber and my mother!

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and tell your loved ones "I love you"!

God Bless,
Donna


13 comments:

Susan said...

I read this poem by an Englishman when I was in high school.
It read,' On, memories that bless and burn.'
I know how you feel. I am always missing my son and husband on the holidays.

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Donna!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Donna, what a sweet memory...Mommy made Mac and Cheese. Sometimes it's the smallest things that touch our hearts the most, especially during the holidays. Thank you so much for sharing. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, both for your joy and also in thanks for the blessing of of the Lord leading me to your blog and the gift of your friendship. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love. Big Hugs...

The Southern Mom said...

You'll always have memories of the past, but also visions of the future. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Hugs, Debbie

Bamamomdebbie.blogspot.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family. ((hugs))

erin said...

celebrations in heaven and on earth...
happy thanksgiving, dear one.
erin
xxoo

Marilyn said...

Sarah loves macaroni and cheese, too--so easy to make for her. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.♥♫

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Donna:)

Denise said...

The heart does so ache for what the eyes cannot see, but there is such hope that lives within us as we wait patiently and some days not so patient for the promise of a reunion...... Holidays for me has forever changed since Mom and Dad left last year just 72 days apart.. I am the party giver in my family and now the family has scattered ... brothers go to wives family's and sons go to wives and girl friends family..... "sigh" BUT there is such a thankfulness that we are just passing through and this is not our home! Enjoy your day, smile and the beautiful memories...... and expect HIM to keep HIS promise that one day we will all sit around a banquet table with those that wait for us there.....

Bernie said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend, one day your family will be complete in heaven.......:-)Hugs

donna said...

What sweet memories to hold so near to your heart. Happy Thanksgiving my sweet.
Hugs
donna

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

There is always an ache in my heart for those who can't be at our holiday tables. It's an emptiness that can't be filled. I love how you know that Amber and your mom are celebrating together. We'll all be together soon!

Mama Pea said...

Bless you, too. Mommy-made macaroni and cheese is the only kind to eat. I don't like the stuff out of the box, but I LOVE Mommy-made! (In my case it's grandma-made. Love hers!)