Monday, November 28, 2011

Snowlady Pillow

While straightening up my sewing room a couple of weeks ago I found this cross-stitched snowlady from 2002.  I wouldn't have believed it was that long ago if not for the date being stitched on it!  Amber loved snowmen and of course the color purple :)   I had been very sick a few months before and to keep myself busy while sitting around connected to an oxygen machine I stitched it!


The snowlady was never framed so I decided to make a pillow.  I tried several fabrics to coordinate with the colors and was about to give up when unexpectedly while in Joann's in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago I found THE fabric!  I was just glancing at the fabrics and there was this cute snowflake print with all the right colors!  (I just took the pics and I don't have the greatest lighting at night.)

So here she is all completed!  I made it for less than five dollars  ... backing, stuffing and fabric.  I also made the piping from cord I already had on hand.  That's the great thing about knowing how to sew is making something for a few dollars.


Here is a closeup of her!  Look at those high heel shoes and purple accents!  Amber loved purses (that was HER obsession).

She is really not Christmasy so I can leave her out during the winter months and reflect back on when I sat and stitched this little cutie!  In fact this may have been the last thing I have cross-stitched.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my little snowlady pillow!  I really need to give the snowlady a name :)

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna


I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for her NTT party.

17 comments:

Cindy said...

Donna this is my first night on in 2 weeks and yours is the first to read. Love this!! I wish I new how to do this..I have been thinking about trying my hand at it.
Love the background fabric it is perfect!!

Love your header...is that your place?

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Linda said...

How beautiful!!! Less than 5 dollars!!! Wow, it's a treasure forever.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a pretty new header you have. Love your sweet snowlady pillow --- perfect all winter long.

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH Donna, Your Snowlady is WONDERFUL!!! The fabric you found looks like it was made just for her it is so completely perfect. I can't think of a better way to display her. I'm so glad you didn't get her framed before, because this is the way she was meant to be. Thank you so much for sharing her with us. Big Hugs...

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Donna :) :)

I love your Snow Lady :) :) She's really cute and I love the little pantaloons detail that you see just above her shoes :) :) Do you remember who the designer of that pattern is?

Have a lovely week :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Rebecca said...

Love it! Love it! The stitching is fab and the fabric a PERFECTO match!

xoRebecca

retrorevival.biz said...

How cute is she?! And how nice that you can enjoy her all winter long:) You could name her Sadie the Snowlady.

~Cindy

Marilyn said...

Just darling!♥♫

Jen in NY said...

Hi Donna! That pillow is SO cute...and you're right, the fabric is absolutely perfect! The Christmas theme on your blog is beautiful! xo Jen

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I think you should name her Ivy. For Christmas. She is one styling lady!!!! Glad you found her...or someone led you to her! Purple accents, cute handbags? No mistake here!
xo, misha

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I think Misha has picked a great name (Ivy) for her...thanks Donna for sharing this special lady with us at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh I almost forgot to tell you....LOVE your Christmas header!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Debbie said...

That pillow is just adorable!!! I love the cross stitch and the fabric!! Oh how I wish I were talented!! I so love home made things!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Donna, I'm crazy about your snow lady pillow! And I like your new blog header too.

donna said...

What a cute snow lady. You did a great job finding that fabric. It was meant to be.
Hugs
donna

Dee said...

Beautiful, PERFECT match. How clever and talented you are.

Dee

Mama Pea said...

It really was THE perfect fabric!