Thursday, November 3, 2011

What Happened to Thanksgiving?

Christmas trees will be going up before long.  Mine doesn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving.  I was listening to the news today and they were discussing how Thanksgiving seems to be forgotten.  My sister said the other day her neighbors were having their outside lights put up for the holidays!  I know in years past I have seen Christmas trees in windows the day after Halloween.  I love Thanksgiving!

I try to work on Christmas crafts in the months leading up to the holidays.  However the past month I have been sick with a little bit of everything and I am so far behind!  (If I haven't replied to your comments or visited your blogs please forgive me)  I began decorating for Fall and half my pumpkins and decorations are still sitting in their box here in our floor :)  I just put them up today thinking next year I will get them back out.  I am finally feeling better today and I am so thankful!!

Here is what I am working on this weekend ... Christmas ornaments!  I love making these and made lots of them last year for myself and for gifts. 
 So this weekend I will be making one for a giveaway.  So come back next week and I will have the details.

Have a wonderful weekend. 

Hugs,
Donna 

10 comments:

Betty Lou said...

I love Thanksgiving also, it is the time that I don't mind being in the kitchen for several days ahead of the feast. This year will be a little different as I will be cooking in his apartment kitchen. I know it will be great, different, but great.

Susan said...

Donna, I generally do not put up my tree until the day after Thanksgiving. However this year I will put it up the week before Thanksgiving.
My children are in different states so the only time I could get them all together was Thanksgiving. So we have our Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration then!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Take care of yourself - that is more important than decorating. Your ornament is so pretty. I worked with a lady years ago that use to make some similar. Hard to believe the holidays are almost here - again.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Donna, I had to tell you that when my DH and I went to the mall the first week of October, J C Penneys had huge decorated Christmas trees everywhere. I don't want to pick on them, there were other store with the same thing going on, but I was really irritated...I mean, the first week in October??? Can't we get past Halloween and spend November contemplating the blessings in our lives before we move on the Christmas? I really believe the retail industry needs to back up a step and rethink this type of marketing. I think it puts added stress on many that are already stressed to the max. I'm just sayin'...
Now, I have to tell you how gorgeous your Christmas ornament is, wow! I must admit though, that it's never to early to work on Christmas projects. They are always a pleasure to do. Hugs...

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I have seen so many Christmas ads already but nothing for Thanksgiving except Black Friday! Oy!

I love ornament-so pretty, Donna! You do such beautiful work :)

I sent you back an email! Let me know some ideas, OK?! Whenever you have time!!
xo, misha

Linda said...

What a beautiful ornament!!! Oh, I'm not ready for Christmas but you are so right. It's like so many places are just skipping over Thanksgiving.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I hate to hear that you have been so sick...what a bummer! Your ornament is so pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Blessings,
Linda

Kathleen said...

I want to learn how to make these oh, so pretty ornaments. Is there a pattern? I'd love to watch over your shoulder as you do the magic with them. I'll watch next week for your giveaway.
Thank you. Oh, glad you 're feeling better. This is the wrong time of year to feel bad. :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

On November 1 the Christian radio station I listen to advertised that they had new feeds where the listeners could hear Christmas music. Then when I got home, we must have seen five or six commercials on TV about Christmas. Hey, we all love Christmas, but we need a day of thanks. I'm glad you feel the same way.

Dena said...

Donna, a friend of mine received an ornament like yours and we would love to get a pattern. If you don't mind sharing , where do I get this pattern. I do not have a blog but enjoying following you.