Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Amber's Christmas Tree

The first Christmas after Amber went to Heaven I decorated her room with her Christmas tree.  She chose  all her ornaments ... there are snow angels. snowflakes, stars and gold balls.  I decorated it in her room the last two years but decided to use it in the family room this year where we could all enjoy it! 

She had bought all these little houses  ... whoops there is a tree leaning on the right side!  They are tea light holders from Yankee Candle.

I found the angel wing votive holder this year ... love it!  The angel was from the first Christmas without her here with us.  Angels for an angel!

I just grouped some of the village around her tree.  I used  gold material to reflect off the white lights to make it appear magical.

Here is a roly poly snowman!  He is adorable ... they all are.  I have used more of this collection in another room I will post later. 
I hope you enjoyed seeing Amber's tree that she loved and chose for herself. I love taking the pieces out of the boxes and the memories :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Marty's A Stroll Thru Life TTT.

12 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a sweet way to celebrate Christmas with your daughter in heaven. Christmas is a wonderful time to be reminded that Jesus is the connection between our earthly family and our heavenly family. He holds us all in His embrace.

Linda said...

Very sweet.

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Donna,
I know she sees it and loves that her memory is alive and well in you during this time of the year.
I hope you can feel this hug..(((Donna)))

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

That is gorgeous, Donna! I think having it for all to enjoy is precious :) Thank you for sharing it!!
xo, misha

Marilyn said...

I also like the idea that it is out for everyone to enjoy and remember sweet times with Amber. The small houses are my favorites.♥♫

Mama Pea said...

Donna, sorry it has been so long since I've been by. I've been really having a hard time keeping my head above water. This is so sweet. I really like the little all-white scene. I'm mourning the loss of my friend, Brian, so I feel for you!

Lynn said...

Amber's tree is lovely and I can imagine she'd be so pleased you were enjoying it as you remember the precious years you spent together. Walking the road of grief is so hard. May you feel God's strong arms around you tonight and always.
Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

Jen in NY said...

Amber's tree is beautiful, Donna. I love how you used the gold fabric underneath it with the village scene. What a good idea to put it in the family room this year. I can just see that pretty smile of hers shining down on you. xo Jen

Bernie said...

Amber is with you sweetie and I know she is enjoying the love you are putting into decorating her tree and her home here on earth. Everything looks beautiful....:-)Hugs

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, this is breathtakingly beautiful! How nice that you've placed it where everyone can enjoy it. The angel wing votive holder is perfect.

~Cindy

Olive Cooper said...

What a joyous collection and wonderful memories you have of your sweet angel. Happy Christmas ♥O

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

hi donna! oh, this is so sweet and just seeing that photo of your angel sitting next to her beautiful Christmas decorations - that SHE picked out by herself - is just so heart warming. a beautiful tree for a beautiful daughter.

God bless you, sweet friend.

xo
Becky