Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Mantle

I have finished decorating the mantle in the room I have been "making over".  I finally got my drapes made for the large window where the Christmas tree stands.  We call this room the piano room for lack of a better name.  There is no computer, no television or phone in this room.   The piano I played on as a young girl is in this room.  My girls played it too.  I call it "my" room. :)  

 The glow of the white lights make the mantel shimmer at night.  The stockings I made about sixteen years ago are satin and lace.  There is a large gold butterfly hanging down in the middle.  I didn't take a pic of it.
White poinsettias and large gold ornaments deck the mantle. 


The only thing I added this year are the wooden trees. I bought them after Christmas several years ago for $2 each.  They were white and distressed. I repainted them vintage white, added a little gold tinting and sprinkled diamond dust. (I didn't know I was using diamond dust until I cut my finger!  I had purchased it at Hobby Lobby thinking it was white glitter.)  I love the sparkly look of them now ... much more Christmasy. 

I will share pics of my tree soon!

Thank you for all your kind comments in my last post.  They mean the world to me!  The holidays are very difficult for my family. 
My mother-in-law has been very ill too.  She has been in and out of the hospital for several weeks now.  She has lived a long life ... she is nearly 86 years old.  She may be greeted by Amber in Heaven soon...

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna


I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT.

8 comments:

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Donna you mantle is so pretty and serene. I can tell it was created with love and memories.
I'm sorry to hear your mil isnt well. I'm sure you are all surrounding her with love.
When that moment arrives, I wish her a peaceful journey.
We're here if you need us.
xoxo
Sonny

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Donna,
I love your Christmas mantle. It's really beautiful :) :) We don't have a tv in our living room either. In fact, the tv room, is one of the smaller bedrooms upstairs ;) :)

OH, I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Holidays are hard when your loved ones aren't there ;) I'll be keeping your mother-in-law in my prayers :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your decorations are so pretty.
Sorry your MIL is not doing well. Difficult to deal with anytime of the year, but especially hard during the holidays. (((hugs)))

Bernie said...

Beautiful my dear friend, I'm sure you should of been a professional decorator - you would be a millionaire by now. Everything is always so lovely.
Praying for your mother in law, and remember Amber would want you to enjoy Christmas, she is spending Christmas Day with Jesus....xo

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow! Your mantel is incredible! Love it. hugs ~lynne~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Thank you for swinging over to see the laundry room vignette, each time I visit you I'm in aaahhh of your beautiful header. hugs ~lynne~

Michele Smith said...

Your mantel is beautiful! I'm sorry that your MIL isn't doing well.

Mama Pea said...

Donna, it's just gorgeous. I've said it before, I'll say it again....you are just an amazing decorator!