Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Kitchen Hutch Decked for Christmas



My hutch in the kitchen is decked out for Christmas with all things baking

My yellow bowl filled with greenery and my grandmother's old egg beater and sifter. I can only imagine the cakes she mixed with these old utensils. 
 Little gingerbread people popping out of cherry embellished teapots.  They are actually ornaments. 


I love my vintage cookie cutters.  An elderly lady gave them to my girls when they were little and I have always adored them.  Love the green and red wood handles.  Perfect for Christmas!


What's Christmas without gingerbread? 

Another mixing bowl filled with greenery, candy canes and a star cookie cutter.  I found these cute little frolicking snowmen at Belk this year on sale.  I wanted the cookie jar that goes with them but too much money!

Now I am hungry for cookies.  I hope to do some baking in the next couple of days.
I won the cutest apron to wear while baking.  I will share it in my next post.

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna

10 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your hutch is filled with Christmas cuteness!

Shug said...

Beautiful! I love all your antique goodies..cookie cutters and all!

Marilyn said...

Sarah seems to be doing all the baking in Denver. I hope she brings something home with her this weekend. I love your "old" treasures the best!♥♫

Barb and Dell said...

Your kitchen hutch brings back memories from my childhood days with the cookie cuters, old sifter and egg beater. Very cute.
Barb

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Everything is just adorable, Donna! Love the little snowmen :) Too cute!!!!!!
xo, misha

Stitched With Prayer said...

Donna, your hutch looks so delightful! It's beautiful along with being cheerful and festive. I have a set of three ice skating mice that are positioned almost identical to your little snowmen with the Cardinal on them. Very cute. Did you make the pineapple doily I see peeking out from under the wonderful old mixer, strainer and other decorations??? I used to crochet the most beautiful doilies and tablecloths...I can say that now because I can't do them anymore, my hands aren't quite as cooperative as they used to be. I really miss that particular skill. Mom taught me to crochet when I was just 7 yrs old. Ah but I digress...just meant to explain why I noticed the doily. It is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your decorations with us and I can't wait to see your apron. Big Hugs sweet friend...

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love your cute decorations in your hutch. No baking going on here - daughter bringing desserts. Several things I have been tempted to make, but don't need them around.
Hope you are enjoying your holidays.
Glenda

Mama Pea said...

That is so cute. The gingerbread men and the cookie cutters really make it. I love it!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Now you know that I'm lovin' all those wonderful VINTAGE GOODIES!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Jen in NY said...

I always get so inspired when I see your decorations! The gingerbread/cherry teapot ornaments are darling. I love the vintage cookie cutters and utensils too! Can you come help me with my decorating? I have cookies! :-) xo Jen