Monday, December 5, 2011

Let It Snow Village

My little snow village I decorate with each year on top of the entertainment center in our family room is finally in place.  The houses and trees are all candles.  I have never lit them and don't plan to!  Smoke alarms would be going off galore!  The candles all came from Pottery Barn over several years.  They were gifts and some I purchased after Christmas.

All the little snow people I collected years ago at a local shop near here.  Such cute little details.
(I have a new camera this year so I can capture all the little details)


This little snowlady with her purple stocking makes me smile :)


This snowlady is one of my favorites with her pearls and purse.  Love her winter white!


They have lots of purple accents and one of them is an angel!

Little snowman with it's snowman pail is snow delightful!

I usually leave this display a couple of weeks after Christmas since it is really not Christmasy ... just a snow village. 

We had a White Christmas last year so this year who knows!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna


I am joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her weekly Tabletop Tuesday.


20 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing what everyone is doing! I think your Snowman Village is simply dreamy my friend. LOVE THEM ALL!

Blessings for a happy day~

Love, Rebecca

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty! I have not been to PB in some time now - I should probably go check them out.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Donna,

I really like your little snow village ;) :) It's really cute :) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Susan S. said...

What a pretty blog! I LOVE your snow village. The little snow ladies with their pearls are precious! Merry CHRISTmas!

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! Oh, this is adorable! :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Fabric Addict said...

Gosh, that's so sweet! I hope we get a white Christmas! Maybe we'll get some cooler weather after this rain moves out...it's 70* today!

Debbie (Bamamomdeb.blogspot.com)

Olive Cooper said...

Your snow people are adorable. Happy Christmas

Betty Lou said...

So cute and the little snowmen/women are darling. Isn't it fun getting all the decorations out that are so special to you?

Marilyn said...

It was ZERO on the way home from school tonight!! Your sweet village would never melt here...I'll send you some frigid air that will combine with your humidity (you do have that, right?) and make you real snow for Christmas.♥♫

My Life and Quilting on the Cape said...

Hi Donna... I love you "Snow Village"... I am glad you keep it up for a while after Christmas... The snow people are very sweet... The blog is lovely as well and I enjoy it.. Hugs :)

Cindy said...

Donna...how in the world do you store that with no melting...lol

Love it..I will say I have never seen such a I want it too village. I could add it to my 6...lol Those snow people are just perfect...what detail..love them. I leave my snow people up all through January also.

Smiles..and hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Jo's This and That said...

Great post! To cute!

Babs said...

Your snowy village is adorable and how cute are those little snow people?
Babs

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Donna, this is too cute!! Love it!! Your snow village is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your snowy village is just darling. I would leave it up all winter. Such cute little snow people. Love your new pretty wreath!

Debbie said...

The snow people are so cute!! I love Santa Claus's, but snowmen are cute too!! Thanks for sharing! This is such a wonderful time of year!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Bernie said...

Oh so pretty, wish you were closer so we could enjoy a holdiay cup of tea together. Sending big hugs.....:-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

So pretty...love the lady in pearls and those PB candles are awesome!!

Blessings,
Linda

Thelma said...

I remember your candle snow village from years past, I still LOVE it! It sure is standing the test of time well! My candles get to looking old and fuzzy after a few years, even if I don't light them.

Mama Pea said...

Just another great display, Donna! Wow!