Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung ....

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care ... I love this poem!

This is the mantle and huge fat tree in our family room.  This is where we spend our time watching television or at the computer desk.

The tree is loaded with ornaments I have made over the years.  We bought this tree in 1983 the year we built our house.  Everyone thinks it is real!  It is so well made and soo full.  It is not pre-lit so I have to string the hundreds of light on it!

Looking up to the picture above the fireplace.  I use colored lights in this room and lots of them! 


All the stockings are hung with the exception of my SIL's ... ooops! 
Actually I am hand stitching it and did not get it completed.  Maybe after Christmas!


I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Donna

9 comments:

Susan said...

Merry Christmas Donna! Your family room is festive! I love all the colored lights! The room looks so warm and inviting!

Barb and Dell said...

Your tree is beautiful and I love all the colored lights around the fireplace.
Have a Blessed Christmas with your family.
Barb

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Donna,
Your tree and all the decorations are just love : :) :) :) Happy CHRISTmas to you and your family. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Love your beautiful home, Donna!
Merry Christmas, sweet friend!
xo, misha

donna said...

Your Christmas tree is so beautiful. Hope you and your family have a VERY Merry Christmas.
Hugs
donna

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Your tree is outstanding; you are one of the best decorators in blogland.

Merry Christmas, friend.

Miriam said...

A Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and all your family, Donna.

Your Christmas tree is amazing!! So beautiful!

Mama Pea said...

Beautiful! Hope your Christmas was merry and bright!

Linda said...

Merry Christmas, Donna!!! I love how pretty your home looks all lit up!! Just beautiful.