Friday, January 27, 2012

Dresden Plate


Dresden plate quilt blocks are so popular right now on many quilting sites.  The block has always been one of my favorite designs.  I began mine last Fall and just put the center on it yesterday! I decided on the cherry fabric for the center of mine.  I hope to get more done soon!

Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs has a free pattern on her site and has formed the Scrappy Plate Club.  A great way to use up scraps!  Although mine is not made with scraps I have bins full of leftover scraps.  I so need to use them! :)

I have one more border on another quilt top I have been working  on forever!  I will take pics and post it as soon as I get it finished and pressed really well. 

And then there's Tiny Town I am working on!  I like to have an applique project in progress along with a pieced top so when I am watching television I have some handwork to do.

That's all for now ... gotta do some organizing of scrapbook supplies! 

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Donna

17 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

What a beautiful quilt. I do not do any hand sewing but I cannot sit in front of the tv without my knitting or needlepoint. I am not a real fan of tv but I like to keep my husband company and we do like movies at home.

Carol

Marilyn said...

Looks like old-tyme fabrics. Cute.♥♫

Betty Lou said...

Your Dresden Plates are so sweet, love the fabric.

Mama Pea said...

Love yours! I'm going to start Anne's. I haven't decided if I'll use my scraps or buy the kit from Fat Quarter Shop. I don't think I have enough cute scraps to make ti something I'd like. :-) I have tons of scraps, but I don't think they'd coordinate as nicely as yours. Very well done!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a sweet block! I love the cherries in the center - it really adds the perfect touch to this cheerful block!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my how beautiful! Love it! Hugs & Blessings, Cindy

Jen in NY said...

It's beautiful, Donna! Was it difficult to do? It looks hard! Worth it though. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt! xo Jen

Miriam said...

A lovely block, Donna.
I really love the cherry fabric in the centre.
I like to have handwork while I am watching TV too.

Have fun scrapbooking!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Darling! I'm heading over to check out the Scrappy Plate Club.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
LOVE IT...charming look!!! Come by on Mondat to NTT...YOU have been featured:)

Blessings,
Linda

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! OH, I just love this quilt pattern! It's so lovely!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cindy said...

Just dropping by to say hello!

Cindy

retrorevival.biz said...

OMGosh Donna! This is my favorite of all your quilt pieces you've posted! Sooooo pretty!

~Cindy

donna said...

Donna I love your new look. So sweet. Your dresden plate is gorgeous. I have only made one dresden plate quilt and I gave it as a gift.
Hugs
donna

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Dresden Plate is one of my favorites. I remember in the 70s, my mama and I each made one.

Zane Wooder said...

The cherries in the middle is the cutest part.

-zane