Friday, January 20, 2012

Finally ... I Made Something

Before I get to what I finally made ... I have been having issues with blogger!  I haven't been able to leave comments on other blogs.  It would go to a blank page. I read on other blogs that they were having the same problem.  Finally I emailed a sweet blogging friend and she told me to install Google Chrome and it worked!   Thank you sweet blogging friend :)

Now to something I finally made!

Last week I was in a gift shop and spotted some hand towels made from osnaberg with printed images.  They were $18 a piece.  They were adorable with a fork, knife and spoon on them. I didn't have a need for kitchen hand towels. It was the only design they had and I wanted something different.
(I love to go in gift shops for inspiration!)

I knew I already had the permanent press osnaberg fabric at home along with the transfer paper to print the images I wanted to use.  I went to the Graphics Fairy blog and downloaded the images.  I could look at her blog all day long!

Here's my hand towels.



I adore cloches and I had to use the image with the potted plants.  I also have a small collection of crowns (not real ones LOL) so of course I had to have a crown!  The shop's towels were pleated along the border instead of a ruffle so I pleated my edges as well.


Here's a better pic of the images I used.  I have a cloche like the same shape as the one used so now I need to fill mine with little potted plants!  I will use the crown one in another room.

The best thing about these ... they didn't cost me a thing!  I had everything in my sewing room so I saved $36!! (I wouldn't have paid that much anyway)  They did take a couple of hours to make by the time I downloaded the images, pressed them on (it takes a few minutes for each one), made the pleats and hemmed all around the edges.  But at this point in my life I have more time than money!!  I needed to get busy doing something anyway :)

I have been working on my tiny town quilt I posted earlier this week and it is adorable!  I will share more of it with you next week. 

I now have a Valentine wreath I am going to make this weekend.  I can't  wait to start it!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for weekly NTT.

31 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
These are both just charming...hop over to NTT and link them up...I would love to feature them at the party next week. they are very NIFTY THRIFTY:)

Blessings,
Linda

Creations By Cindy said...

Lovely!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Donna,
Your towels look so exquisite!
The pleated edge only added to their elegance!

I will have to check out Google Chrome - the little "bugs" on blogger have been very frustrationg!
THANKS for Sharing!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Those are so pretty.
I know there are lots of tutorials about doing this but if You ever wanted to post one I'd be sure to come and read it. You have such a good way of telling things and maybe I could learn this transfer thing too.
I love how yours turned out.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty - nice choices for designs! I like those a lot.
Enjoy your weekend!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Meant to ask - Said you changed to google chrome - what browser do you use firefox or internet explorer or other?

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! Yes, you did make something adorable! I love those sweet little tea towels and the graphics are so cute. Love your rufflies on the edges!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Donna,
Your towels are really cute ;) :) Someday I'll do something like that :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Mama Pea said...

Those are amazing, Donna! You are so clever. I tell you! Did you make the towels, too? So, you added that cute ruffle at the bottom, too? Really amazing! LOVE!

Cotton Blossom said...

Love those towels. I'm glad you got your mojo back!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I've been using Google Chrome forever. It's great. At first some said it wasn't so good but I'm never had a problem.
Love your new towels. Very very cute. And you saved big time.

Marilyn said...

Nice work! Did you print the images onto special paper and then transfer them to the cloth? If so, where did you find the paper? I've never done anything like this before and would like to learn how. I think I need to retire sooner than later so I can get to work on all the ideas I find! Only one problem, how will I afford the supplies if I don't work? Ah well, I do seem to have a life time supply of fabric downstairs!♥♫

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So cute -- I'm having problems too --- I'll try to check out the Google Chrome this weekend.

Bernie said...

I too am having problems, I downloaded Chrome but it didn't make any difference. I will keep trying....love your towels, you have done a lovely job making these. Sending big hugs....:-)

My Vintage Studio said...

Your towels are beautiful!
Love the new quilt pattern younare working on...so cute!!!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
XO. Sharon

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, these are gorgeous! I want to make some, too. I was so excited about the picture I didn't read the rest of the post!

You do have crowns waiting for you - they're with Amber for the time being.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Those are so pretty, little Miss Talented! I wish I were!

Glad your commenting woes are over :)

I am so sick..a flu bug I do believe.
ugh. This is the best I have felt since Friday :( Hopefully it will continue to climb upward! How is your tummy issue? You have been in my prayers!
xo, misha

{northern cottage} said...

oh my goodness - LOVE the pleated bottom - so darling!

www.northerncottage.net

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love the images you used. Beautiful.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These are just beautiful, Donna! I did a pair of tea towels last week using images from The Graphics Fairy site, too. The possibilities are endless!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE them!!

Patti said...

Lovely towels! Love the color!

I am having a giveaway of a digital scrapbook software program, if interested, stop by to enter!

Patti said...

Lovely towels! Love the color!

I am having a giveaway of a digital scrapbook software program, if interested, stop by to enter!

BeachGypsy said...

Hi Donna, love your sweet blog--I can always come here and find something pretty and something uplifting!!
Just now saw your GORGEOUS CHRISTMAS TREE AND MANTEL oh my gosh girlfriend--what a bright and cheerful decor you had for the recent holidays!
Happy new year to you!

Jen in NY said...

Beautiful, Donna! Don't you feel so good making them yourself for basically free? And they're absolutely gorgeous! I love the designs you chose. I used that fabric for the bird pillow on my blog, it's so nice and versatile! xo Jen

Anne said...

Lovely!

Scribbler said...

Thank you so much for dropping by.

I really enjoyed your post. Please tell me what is osnaberg? I am not familiar with it. Your project turned out beautifully.

retrorevival.biz said...

Well look at you! Your towels are absolutely gorgeous! Bet the store would sell them for at least $18 each;)

~Cindy

Sue said...

Donna, these are just so pretty! I love the pleated edge so much. I must have missed the cloche image at The Graphics Fairy- I have to go and find that. Luv, luv, cloches! :-) Sue

Stevie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

I love them! I printed some eye pillows this week that look similar, and last week I block printed tea towels. great minds...