Monday, January 16, 2012

I Can't Get Motivated!

I just can't seem to get motivated this year.  After the holidays I always dread the cold dreary days of January.  I don't even have much to post about :(

I have been working s-l-o-w-l-y on this project I started last week that  I posted in the previous post.  I do enjoy cutting and placing the little bitty pieces of fabric on my little tiny village.  The picture shows one block ready to be stitched and the smaller one above has another piece to be added. And of course there's plenty of hand embroidery to add to each piece. The fabrics do make me happy ... they are so cheerful!
Before Christmas I won this wonderful book that Sweet Bee Cottage was giving away.  I received it a couple of days before Christmas and with the holidays I never really had a chance to look at it until after Christmas.  It is full of ideas and vintage images.  So much fun to look through!  Thank you Sweet Bee for drawing my name!
I hope to get out of this slump soon and get back to decorating.  I have pillows to make, a lampshade to cover and tea towels I saw in a specialty boutique that I want to make ... so many things to do if I could only get motivated!
Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love your little sweet houses!!! What a beautiful quilt it's going to be.

Mama Pea said...

Your houses are so cute! I know exactly how you feel. I am having trouble with motivation, too. I had the day off work today and didn't accomplish anything. Not even something fun. My sewing room is downstairs, where it's cold. I'm thinking of bringing the Featherweight upstairs and leaving it set up to sew up here, where it's warmer. My husband will kill me.

donna said...

Donna I know how you feel. I can not seem to get my mojo going. Love your houses. The fabrics are so pretty. Looking forward to seeing more.
Hugs
donna

Linda Stubbs said...

Hi Donna, I am just getting around to thanking you for joining in on the last party. I think of you often even though I don't get to comment! Life is so different now that I am outside the home......but I am trusting a lot more! The Lord that is! Smile.

Hugs to your day, Linda
Oh, sorry, I love your work, beautiful!

Jen in NY said...

The houses are just lovely. I can't wait to see how this progresses. I bought that book this Christmas, it is great, I agree!