Friday, February 10, 2012

Pink and Love ... Perfect for February


I am still here!  I can't seem to get anything done these days.  I am so easily distracted ... maybe it's because I am a year older :)  I start one thing and then go to another room and begin another project.  I did some reorganizing of our master bedroom closet.  I can now get from one end to the other without tripping over something!

I am still working on decorating my piano room.  I decorated it for Christmas and now I am deciding on the everyday decor.  This is just a little bit of pink that I am using to decorate this room.  I love the pink candle and topper covered in buttons.   It is me to a tee!!  It sits on top of a pink heart shaped plate.  I bought it years ago from Yankee Candle.  I just don't burn it much!  I elevated it by covering a book with vintage doiles.  My little teacup with my mom's glasses and all kinds of vintage jewelry sits in front.  This is just a tiny bit of this room to let you know I am working on it.  I never really "finish" a room.  There is always something I have to redo!


 Jennifer came home on Monday and we celebrated my birthday a couple of days late.  She brought home yummy cupcakes and these adorable cookies!  Is this not the cutest cookie!  She bought them from Edgar's in Birmingham.  I so wish I could decorate cookies like this!  Did I tell you they were yummy :) 
My sweet baby girl is so thoughtful!  She handed me two birthday cards and said I got two this year.  I am thinking to myself she couldn't decide on which one to give me so she bought two.  I opened the first one and it was from her.  When I went to open the second card it had an angel on it and it was from Amber.  Jennifer saw the card and immediately thought of Amber ...it had purple on it too :) I love my girls ... here on earth and in Heaven :)

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound.

16 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A delayed Happy Birthday!
I know exactly what you mean about starting and not finishing something. That is one of the main reasons I have such a long list of things to do.:(
Enjoy your weekend.

Betty Lou said...

Happy Belated Birthday, you have two lovely girls. How sweet of Jennifer to get one from Amber. My birthday was last week also----Feb 1st. Hugs

Creations By Cindy said...

Happy Birthday....Mine is coming up shortly! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bernie said...

Happy Belated Birthday my friend, you have two beautiful daughters and I am so glad that Jennifer is so thoughtful. Love your candle.
......:-)Hugs

Jen in NY said...

Hi Donna. I love your Valentine display! Jennifer is such a sweetheart, and so very thoughtful. Your new font is really pretty, very Susan Branch-esque. :-) Have a great weekend! xo Jen

Miriam said...

Love the candle and topper.

Have a great weekend. :)

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Mine is coming up Monday. That was so thoughtful of Jennifer to get you a card from Amber.
Have a great weekend.

Mama Pea said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. I am so happy for you. Love the candle and topper! I can't get anything done these days either!

Marilyn said...

Oh, I am so good at starting something and then moving on, sometimes coming back, often times not. I loved hearing about the two cards, but it also made me sad. Take care--and enjoy the little bits you accomplish each day. I should take my own advice!♥♫

Lorraine said...

LOL, you sound like me...I am also easily distracted and never finish anything. And I am always reorganizing. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Birthday! Your little lamp is adorable and pink too! Happy Valentines Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jeanne said...

I hope you had a special birthday. Your photos show that you are very good at creating a sweet vignette. Love the lamp on the heart plate. Pretty pink to share.
Hugs, Jeanne

Cozy Little House said...

Happy Birthday to you! And what a sweet and compassionate daughter you have. On earth and in heaven.
Brenda

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a thoughtful thing to buy a card for you from Amber! You did a nice job raising your girls. I hope this new years is a great one for you, friend.

donna said...

Happy belated Birthday. You do a beautiful job decorating. Love your vintage touch. That is so sweet of your daughter.
Hugs
donna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Happy Birthday! How sweet your Jennifer is....so thoughtful....I bet she would say that she learned it from you. Thanks for your always kind visit. Happy Valentines!